The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Vacuum line delete okay for DD?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idkiliketurbos

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 2, 2009
Appleton, Wisconsin
Hey guys I'm doing some matinence work during the winter and I was thinking of replacing all the vacuum lines but came across the taboo vacuum delete image and am definatly considering doing it to reduce chance of boost leaks and head aches. My question is, with all the emissions equipment that it would basically be deleting, will I be okay for daily driving? I don't have inspection where I live so the legality is not an issue. My understanding of the EGR system is to cool the cylinders which is the part making me think if it would be okay for daily driving. Any input would be much appreciated.

Removed mine as well. Took all solenoids off, removed charcoal canister, EGR was deleted by use of my IM.

I haven't had any of that shananigans on my talon since the day after I got it. Less stuff to go run I figure.

Some places in pa will fail you if they see capped vacuum ports, or a missing egr. Though most don't know/care enough to actually spot stuff like this.

Sent from my Droid

Hypathetically its suppose to help gas mileage but I've never noticed any difference in removing it. Just removed all those lines and leave the solenoids plugged in so no cels come and haunt you.

Definitely do it. Cleans up so much space and if you really care, it shaves some weight. Follow the Taboo method except for the part telling you to tee off into your BOV line. Don't do that.

Ok for you guys running dsmlink and have done this as far as the cel codes being thrown how do you make it to where when an inspection station checks your vehicle it tells their computers everything is ok? I only ask because I already have the vacuum lines capped on the TB along with the solenoids removed and planning on getting link next week. Until I can figure out how to do this I'm stuck without driving my dsm due to it failing NY state inspection.

This may be a stupid question, but what do you guys use to block the ports? For example the 3 lines on top of the throttle body, what would you use for that? I was thinking "T"-ing it off and just using short vacuum lines.? And for the nipple on the turbo, what could you use?

The Taboo vacuum diagram is okay to use for everything but the MBC. You do not want to T into your BOV line for your boost source. Leave the BOV untouched (running directly to the intake manifold) and run the line that would T into the BOV line according to Taboo's diagrams to your turbo compressor housing/j-pipe/other dedicated boost source.

You can simply use rubber vacuum caps to block the ports at the throttle body.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Picture from Autozone.com

Thanks brian :). Where can i get them? Would autozone have them?
And i was looking at the diagram about t-ing it off from the bov and was like what the hell? Haha thanks ill just leave it frm the nipple to j-pipe

This may be a stupid question, but what do you guys use to block the ports? For example the 3 lines on top of the throttle body, what would you use for that? I was thinking "T"-ing it off and just using short vacuum lines.? And for the nipple on the turbo, what could you use?

Rubber vacuum caps. Not the cheap plasticy looking/feeling ones. Available at any auto parts store, just make sure to get the right size. I've used a slight dab of RTV then slid them on.

Damn, I type to slow. ROFL

Thanks brian :). Where can i get them? Would autozone have them?
And i was looking at the diagram about t-ing it off from the bov and was like what the hell? Haha thanks ill just leave it frm the nipple to j-pipe

No problem. I actually pulled that picture from Autozone's website. I suppose I should credit them for the picture. LOL

Rubber vacuum caps. Not the cheap plasticy looking/feeling ones. Available at any auto parts store, just make sure to get the right size. I've used a slight dab of RTV then slid them on.

Damn, I type to slow. ROFL

^That. :thumb:

I always use the small, stupid hose clamps that come on the car's various vacuum lines. If you are in the process of doing a vacuum reduction/deletion or have done one in the past, these should be floating around in abundance with your leftover hoses.

Sweet thanks canman :D.

And that diagrams great :)

The Taboo diagrams? Yes, they are nice. They'd be nicer if they didn't show folks that "T"-ing into the BOV line is the correct method to installing a MBC! :ohdamn:

EDIT: Oh look, the Taboo diagrams are fixed!
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/articles-miscellaneous/198327-taboo-speed-shop-vacuum-diagram-removal-1g-2g.html#post152901120

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back