The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Using co2 to run Meth injection

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ed1380

Supporting VIP
Sep 29, 2007
ATL, Georgia
I had an idea pop into my head. Instead of buying a pump and have it turn on everytime it needs to inject. Or even those that have an accumulator tank that stays pressurized it still needs a pump to up the pressure. I was thinking of having an accumulator tank with the Meth/water being held at constant pressure by co2. Co2 is around 850 psi and a pressure regulator can be had for $50. a nitro paintball tank would also work. Anyone who has done paintball should have most of the supplies needed.

Has anyone done something similar? Any thoughts.

To me, I see another way to unknowingly run out of water/meth, due to low line pressure. Danger due to running low on the mix can be accounted for with a controller that turns to a low boost setting when the mix runs low, but I'd see problems with anything other than a dedicated drag car that gets checked before every run, and even then, I really don't see any benefits to having a pressurized system in place of a pump. Perhaps I'm missing something that you could explain.

Even on a non pressurized system you still need to check the fluid level. The benefits are that you don't have to worry about pumps or wiring or anything shorting. Just one pressure gauge and a fluid level "window" like on catch cans.

It's a different approach, but i really don't see what's so hard about having a pump in the back. Honestly it's pretty easy to do, and having the ability to kick it on and off through the ecu is also a plus. How would your pressurized system begin/end spraying methanol?

remember a nitrogen tank for paintball CANNOT be filled with co2 unless it has had a regulator designed for co2 attached. and even then, your bottle will have to be filled less than a standard co2 tank due to the design. i've personally seen a few "nitro" bottles explode due to putting co2 in. {i played semi-pro paintball for 4 years in the NPPL and PSP}.

Lol I never said I was gonna put co2 in a nitro tank. I put the part about using nitro in case the co2 actually carbonates the water/methanol. Soda fountains carbonate at 200 or 250psi. Dont remember which.

Lol just T into the pressure line for some club soda with a kick.

Lol I never said I was gonna put co2 in a nitro tank. I put the part about using nitro in case the co2 actually carbonates the water/methanol. Soda fountains carbonate at 200 or 250psi. Dont remember which.

Lol just T into the pressure line for some club soda with a kick.

just making sure. because it sounded like you were planning on using a nitrous bottle for co2.

Nah LOL I even did some calculations and if you fill it to 4500psi at 70f by 110f it becomes over 7k so if I use nitro I would have to fill to 3k. That's the only problem I'm seeing. Gasses heating up inside a hot car

coming from a guy who plays paintball weekly I wouldnt go with the set up just cause I dont trust having a pb tank filled in my car. Thats just me though and ive seen what happens when a reg gets broken off. I like having windows, just go with the original set up with the pump.

I got this idea when I saw someone else's setup. They had the pump fill a reservoir under pressure and a solenoid would control the flow. Just kept the pump from cycling too many times and wearing out

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back