The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Using a 4g63 clutch kit on a 420a

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Basick2G

Probationary Member
Mar 4, 2018
Pensacola, Florida
So I’m a noob to the 2G community. I used to own a 3G and I finally acquired another DSM. Well I’m in the market for a clutch kit and I’m trying to get away from using a modular setup that the 420a platform uses. Well I searched some forums but my question wasn’t completely answered. So the real question is: If I swap over to a 4g63 flywheel can I run a 4g63 clutch kit on the 420a platform?

Reread that thread. He didn't say use a 4g63. He said use a non modular setup like a 4g63. That would require lots of new parts. The motors are not remotely similar.

just get a flywheel for a 95 neon.

i have both modular and non-modular.

modular is killer because you can pull the engine without messing with the transmission. all you have to do (as far as the tranny) is take the 4 bolt out that connect the flexplate to the clutch and unbolt the transmission from the engine.

then when you put the engine back or even if your just putting the tranny back, you don't have to stab the motherfucccckker

https://www.xtremefabrications.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=55&products_id=155

Last edited:
Dusty is correct. To switch to a non modular set up, use a neon flywheel and clutch kit. You will also need the flywheel bolts and pressure plate bolts from a neon.

I’m probably gonna lean more towards that route that Dusty preferred.

just get a flywheel for a 95 neon.

i have both modular and non-modular.

modular is killer because you can pull the engine without messing with the transmission. all you have to do (as far as the tranny) is take the 4 bolt out that connect the flexplate to the clutch and unbolt the transmission from the engine.

then when you put the engine back or even if your just putting the tranny back, you don't have to stab the motherfucccckker

https://www.xtremefabrications.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=55&products_id=155

I’m probably gonna end up going that route depending if I can find a clutch setup to handle over 300whp which I’m sure their out there. I just have to do more research. Thanks for the info mate.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back