The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

using 4g63t ecu on other engines.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EGLTAWLN

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 7, 2008
Edmonton, AB_Canada
i have been contemplating this.
i have 1986 4age rwd turbo corolla i built.
i made the factory ecu run it decently but i want more.
so what if i put all the nessecary sensors on the 4age from the 4g63 and wired up the computer, do you think it would work well?
i would maft tune it, because it's a 1.6l and i would have to dumb down fuel a bit for idle and cruise.
it's already got 450cc injectors and resistor box from a dsm on it and the 4age already has similar sensors. the most difficult one to do would be distributer to CAS adaptor, which should be easily solveable.

but this mod, if it works, would give greater tune to the 4age, with spark retard and knock sensor and logging capabilitys.
and it's free.

what do you think?

If you get all of the sensors set up correctly, it should work fine. There is a guy on the dsmlink forums with a 4 cyl volvo running a 4g63t ecu/link setup.

i tried to search for another vehicle that has done this. hard to get the wording right for the search.

i hear you on the evo 8 setup - i'm researching that one for my own purposes.
but i have 1g 4g63t ecu's lying around in my garage, so i figure i could put one to good use in the ae86.
i'll probably end up doing it this summer so i will post results.
if it's as easy as i think, i have a friend with a 91 n/a mx6 with turbo that could use one as well.

i tried to search for another vehicle that has done this. hard to get the wording right for the search.

i hear you on the evo 8 setup - i'm researching that one for my own purposes.
but i have 1g 4g63t ecu's lying around in my garage, so i figure i could put one to good use in the ae86.
i'll probably end up doing it this summer so i will post results.
if it's as easy as i think, i have a friend with a 91 n/a mx6 with turbo that could use one as well.

UPDATE!!!
i did it! it works! ECMlink on a 1.6l Toyota Corolla GTS.
i posted a thread on it in the ECMlink tuning forum on this website and also over at ECMlink forums.
Pictures and an idle tune!

Great success!
(i think i posted the thread in the wrong forum and won't get much attention unless i update this thread from years ago)
Mods please suggest which forum i should post the non dsm build in.

pretty sweet, good job man. u keep the coding to yourself and start selling it then you could make out pretty good profit wise. i know theres alot of 4age guys that would kill for a cheaper tuning system

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back