The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Upgrading fuel line and brake line .

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candido_martinez

Probationary Member
Nov 6, 2014
Greer, South_Carolina
Some I'm want to buy stainless steel line for my fuel and brake what sizes are my fuel line or what size should i get .. It's for my gst power goal is for 350+hp and e85 conversoin

Stick to stock fuel line, its not a restriction, but change to a new filter setup, like a fuelab kit from extremepsi, to remove the stock banjo bolt. As for the SS brake line, you're not making your own with standard an fittings so just by a kit from anywhere.

Check them for rust if there good clean them up and your ok.check for leaks aswell if course

For the brakes, save yourself the headache and just buy a pre-made kit with stainless steel braided lines.

The biggest restriction in the stock fuel system is the banjo bolt at the top of the filter. You can just get an upgraded line and/or filter with an adapter for the fuel rail.

Can also check around to see if you can get your brake lines custom made. Some hydraulic/hose specialty shops make them and are dot certified. We have several shops here in Vegas that make them on the spot.

Okay sounds good but do you guys know the sizes of the hoses for the fuel line .? As in roundness .

You don't need fuel lines unless yours are leaking or severely rusted. Stock lines can go to 600-700, granted there will be some fuel press drop, but the stock lines are 5/16 which are already close to -6an.

Last edited:
What is a good brand or a supplier (besides ebay) of SS brake lines for DSM's? Now I'm very interested.
My suspension has been restored to stock by previous owner, and the spindles are non-abs.... My concern would be that SS brake lines would cause me to lock up easier?

Should I focus on restoring abs(srs) first before looking into this upgrade?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back