The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

General Unknown chip in purchased 90 socketed EPROM

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wildwomper

Probationary Member
Mar 31, 2018
Houston, Texas
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
Hello all, I recently purchased a socketed eprom ecu and I want to get this figured out before it comes in. It has four vertical boards in it which based on my research it proves to be a 90 along with the code along the plug section, but the seller tells me it’s coming out of a 92. So I’m assuming the previous owner of the car which is being parted out, pinned his harness to work with the 90 ecu. But that’s not my main concern, what im wondering is that from the looks of it it doesn’t have a stock mitsu eprom chip in it. You will see in the pictures above that it has a chip with some numbers and words and an injector code on the top but there is a spot missing from the sticker so I can’t make out the rest. I’m wondering if anyone knows of any other tuning software that this could potentially be, being this is not link v2 or v3 and v1 wasn’t available for 1g’s. I appreciate your help in advance. Also he said it has a cable which I have also included a picture of as well.

Yep that is a burned chip. It has no tuning software it’s just a tune someone wrote on the chip. There is a guy on eBay that makes them if u need a diff set up his ebay name is Memohetic
He charges $70 plus $5 shipping for custom burned chips

Last edited by a moderator:
That is not a good user name according to Ebay...FYI

Thanks for the reply’s guys, I bought this ecu to get link anyway just thought I might have gotten lucky LOL.

That chip is probably 15 years old.. dsmchips back in the day used to burn custom chips before the days of link in the palm pilot safc era... They work, and work well up to 95%. That last 5% is where the effort is in any tune.

I still do burned chips and it's still a great bargain. Ecmlink costs $450+, and then pay for a tune will be $200+, compared to a chip that can be anywhere from $50 to $150. If you do it right 1 chip can get you from 14b all the way into 50trim/hx35/20g territory.

Thanks! Need good info for everyone.

So what goes into these burned chips? Do they need your mods list and what not? How can they adjust it appropriately without a street or dyno tune?

They go by components and info requested by them like No Knock retard, and what not, but its set in stone, no changing it like a Link chip and software!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back