The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Type of transmission

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UCF201101

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 11, 2011
Ocala, Florida
I have a 1999 Mitsubishi eclipse gs that is the Ozzy edition. I have no clue to what type of transmission it has it in. I have a metal plate that reads:k91537469009. I am trying to fix a transmission leak. I replaced the torque converter seal with no new results. I decided that has to be the flywheel being bent or the torque converter being bad. I noticed on the shaft that it was polished...as to where the seal had been rubbing. I did not think this would cause the seal to leak so now that I did all that work for nothing I decided to replace it. If anyone can identify the type of transmission or point to the direction as to where I can obtain the correct info. Thank you guys in an advance...

If your leak is coming from the pump area than it could be coming from the pump gasket. There is a zero percent chance that it has anything to do with the flex plate. the torque converter is centered in the crank so even if the flexplate was somehow bent the converter would still be centered. By the way your trans is an a604

I called the dealership today and they asked for my vin. They verified that it was infact an ozzy edition. He said that my transmission is a F4AC 4 speed auto. The plate that I was talking about is about 1" X 3"s long. The leak is def coming from the bell housing. I was trying to figure out why it is leaking. I am about to pull it down again. BTW it is a 420a. I am sure that helps LOL

I called the dealership today and they asked for my vin. They verified that it was infact an ozzy edition. He said that my transmission is a F4AC 4 speed auto. The plate that I was talking about is about 1" X 3"s long. The leak is def coming from the bell housing. I was trying to figure out why it is leaking. I am about to pull it down again. BTW it is a 420a. I am sure that helps LOL

The dealer is wrong. The f4a transmissions fit the turbo engines. The Chrysler 420a uses the 604.

Thanks guys for the input. It is sad when the dealership can not even give you correct information. That being said, I rebuilt an engine a few years back. It started up. It ran for 10 minutes then shut off. I took it to the dealer, they had it for 2 months, and they could not determine the issue. It was the dowel pin that was sheared off the exhaust cam...LOL. I will find another dealership and verify. I didn't think that it would matter about the tranny being different as long as its the automatic non turbo. Once again, thanks guys!

Thanks guys for the input. It is sad when the dealership can not even give you correct information. That being said, I rebuilt an engine a few years back. It started up. It ran for 10 minutes then shut off. I took it to the dealer, they had it for 2 months, and they could not determine the issue. It was the dowel pin that was sheared off the exhaust cam...LOL. I will find another dealership and verify. I didn't think that it would matter about the tranny being different as long as its the automatic non turbo. Once again, thanks guys!

Dealerships can be the most shady scam artists on the face of the planet.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back