The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

TWINCHARGED 420a!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM-ZERO

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 30, 2002
San Antonio, Texas
Ok everyone time to let everyone know that im going to build a twincharged 420a using a m90 supercharger and a T3/T4 turbo..

I have been doing alot of searching around and the only company i found that even makes a supercharger kit for the 420a is Boosthead.com or Thomas Knight. Some of us know thomas knight from the past as the only on that makes a Roots based kit for the 420a.

My goals
1. be the first twincharged 420a.
2. Have about 300tq from 2krpm all the way to red line.
3. This car is my daily driver so its not going to be too crazy LOL..i say that but we know how the last car turned out..
4. Also this time around Im going to do all the work my self!!! except for some fab here and there.

its going to be a pretty mild build im going to tune the car on either the portfueler or the symtech PnP if i can get my hands one one LOL

I would like this car to see some track time also

yes the grand am gtp comes with an m90 fom the factory and yes they will be compounded.

The roots or screw style supercharger will give me low end unit the turbo takes over on the top end. And there is already a kit for the roots style and not a centrifugal unit also a centrifugal will make boost based on rpm so that is another reason why i choose not too run one.

Im still undecided weather or not i should run a clutch on the supercharger pully?? probley not in the end but we will see

I'd say yes if you can figure out how to re-use the ac condenser clutch, as that would make on/off easier, just my .02
Last build turned out awesome, Can't wait to see this one done.

My cousin is a GTP FANATIC and has done EVERYTHING to his GTP, and this is what I've gathered from him regarding the different superchargers:

The M62 (62 Cubic Inch) came in the earlier 96' Bonnevilles and has the shortest snout, in-case space is an issue.

The M90 (90 Cubic Inch) came in 3 different generations:
M90 Gen1: Came right after the M62 and is the least efficient of this series.

M90 Gen3: Most available model of the M90, more efficient then the Gen1.

M90 Gen5: Most efficient of all. The rotors have a better coating and the tolerances are tighter in the rotors. Also has a "near" perfect straight inlet, where the previous models are slightly angled. These also have a HUGE outlet compared to all the previous models. Came in 04 and up models.

You can find used M62's or all gens of M90's on LKQ Corp. Recycled Auto Parts, which my cousin recommended as the best place for these used units.

Hope this helps you out some more. If you have questions about these superchargers I can ask for you. :thumb: Good luck on your build, subscribed! :rocks:

My cousin is a GTP FANATIC and has done EVERYTHING to his GTP, and this is what I've gathered from him regarding the different superchargers:

The M62 (62 Cubic Inch) came in the earlier 96' Bonnevilles and has the shortest snout, in-case space is an issue.

The M90 (90 Cubic Inch) came in 3 different generations:
M90 Gen1: Came right after the M62 and is the least efficient of this series.

M90 Gen3: Most available model of the M90, more efficient then the Gen1.

M90 Gen5: Most efficient of all. The rotors have a better coating and the tolerances are tighter in the rotors. Also has a "near" perfect straight inlet, where the previous models are slightly angled. These also have a HUGE outlet compared to all the previous models. Came in 04 and up models.

You can find used M62's or all gens of M90's on LKQ Corp. Recycled Auto Parts, which my cousin recommended as the best place for these used units.

Hope this helps you out some more. If you have questions about these superchargers I can ask for you. :thumb: Good luck on your build, subscribed! :rocks:

Yes i was looking into a Gen 5 M90 BUT BUT BUT now after doing more reshearch the M62 looks to be the way to go. Its smaller but can still perform about the same.

So, the turbo will be feeding the blower?
Is the M90 only good for a specific RPM range (or up to a certain RPM)?

yes the turbo will feed the Blower. Yes there are specific rpm ranges for the superchargers and since there being compounded there is even more math involved. Im still doing lot and lots of home work on this.:thumb:

As I said on 2gnt when you posted this....I hate you and I wanna see pics of the whole build process so I can drool over it.

can we have pictures already!?!?!?!!

LOL jk , good luck on your build! keep us updated!

one step closer to what i wanted to do with my old rs. make it into an rsx. custom tranny. gsx rear end..... that would be a one of a kind

but faced with reality it might never happen...

Ok everyone time to let everyone know that im going to build a twincharged 420a using a m90 supercharger and a T3/T4 turbo..

I have been doing alot of searching around and the only company i found that even makes a supercharger kit for the 420a is Boosthead.com or Thomas Knight. Some of us know thomas knight from the past as the only on that makes a Roots based kit for the 420a.

My goals
1. be the first twincharged 420a.
2. Have about 300tq from 2krpm all the way to red line.
3. This car is my daily driver so its not going to be too crazy LOL..i say that but we know how the last car turned out..
4. Also this time around Im going to do all the work my self!!! except for some fab here and there.

its going to be a pretty mild build im going to tune the car on either the portfueler or the symtech PnP if i can get my hands one one LOL
I would like this car to see some track time also

I passed the torch on that to keep it a live and not just end up in some basement collectiong dust but I fear that Chris and I overlooking that there are two different 420a ecu's may have dropped the ball with this one. Either way I would not rely on portfueller for something like this.

Don't you still need to get slicks and finish your project you got going on now anyway :confused:

Whatever happen to this build? Or your other drag build at that? hope everything is still in works.

Havnt herd from him in a while, last I knew he was pushing well past 700 whp, but still didn't break the 1/4 miles record.

This build never got completed, he did however finish a nice single turbo set up. Last I heard he dropped a valve and running it a couple of times at the strip and then has been parked ever since.

Sorry everyone I know it's been a long time. I was locked up because I was a bad boy but I'm out now I'm in San Antonio now my car is in storage and next season ill take her out and try for a 9 sec pass

The twin charge project is on hold or might be off idk right now I have a lot of parts still and there all in storage. I have to get my life back together

But I do look forward to racing my car again asap

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back