The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Turn signal Blinks Fast

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RileyRobertson

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 27, 2011
Bay Area, California
After looking at some of the other people with the same problem, I cant determine a solution. My Blinkers now start blinking fast all the time. At first it was just my right turn signal, so I changed some Bulbs, and it seemed to be fine for about a week. Then it would start doing it again, so I changed another bulb and so on...Well just recently both my turn signals started Blinking fast, left and right. So I think its something with the Relay? Would anyone agree?

Thanks!

It could be a relay or possibly a fuse. I'd try changing all the bulbs first though if you haven't already

I've replaced the bulbs 2 times already, but I guess one more wont hurt, I've checked the fuses, all seem to be good, but I will replace those as well.

Does anyone know where I can get the blinker relay for my car at?

I've replaced the bulbs 2 times already, but I guess one more wont hurt, I've checked the fuses, all seem to be good, but I will replace those as well.

Does anyone know where I can get the blinker relay for my car at?

Make sure you are putting the proper wattage, if you go too low it will cause this issue.

I would try a junk yard near you IF they have any dsms like yours and snag it there probly be free bu tused of try autozone will have it.

This is common from what I've seen that on the 2g's, the Rear lights are usually the main culprit. pull out the light bulbs and check the ground wire that connects to is and see if it is touching like it should... if you cant quite see, push the wire out of the nook where its located and touch it to the housing of the light bulb, you should see it switch from a feint light to a bright light.... if it does, means it wasn't grounding correctly... just bend the wire back into a U shape, and pull it back through to where its back in

Sorry its soo long, didn't know how to shorten it while still making sense

It's the relays, it happens on all cars, not just DSMs. I laugh whenever I am going down the road and see a car with the super speed blinker going. Cracks me up every time!

i had the same problem what I did to fix it was change all 10 bulbs on the car that dealt with the turn signals all six in the back the 2 up front in the headlight and the 2 side markers just in case. i kept changing bulb after bulb after bulb they kept blowing one after another so i just replaced all of them i haven't had an issue, but you could have issues with the flasher as well.

Some people actually like fast turn signal blinkers, but in some states they have provisions/laws regarding that. Hondas are the most notorious for having this problem, its almost always the relays and coming in 2nd are the bulbs themselves & 3rd are fuses and last but not the least, corrosion. Most of the time all 4 are involved. If all 4 checks out fine and fixed, most likely it will be the wiring itself. Good luck.

im having the same issue kind of but its only my right blinker. it blinks fast but when i turn my driving lights on and turn on my hazards the two blinkers in that taillight blink intermittently ( like cop lights). Any suggestions?

what ive seen is that the previous owner has made a hack job out of the wiring harness... at both taillights there are 2 wires clipped off flush to the plug in the factory harness.. and a whole lot of splices along the way... now i need a wiring diagram and a new harness.. any suggestions?

I would download everything for your NT here Download Useful Files - SymTech Laboratories You just have to send them an email to get a download key. It's free btw. If the wires are cut then that is your issue. The mod that I spoke of, You cut the ground on one of them and it's suppose to act like what you are describing ( I think, Couldn't find it) As far as a wiring harness, if you feel like it is a must, find a part out, go to the junk yard, or contact Miller Imports from the supporting venders section. You might get luck and it only be the pigtail at the bulbs and may just be able to get some new ones or used ones from a junk yard. Either way, Get the downloads and make sure everything is square with the wiring.

Thanks, DJ Raydiate! ill give that a shot. hopefully i can find something. and hopefully it fixes the problem.

Do your dash lights work? Because mine don't light up but when they do the right blinker blinks at a normal speed, but doesn't when they,the dashboard,turn off at random.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back