The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Turbo suggestion for 90 talon build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhipfner

Probationary Member
May 1, 2017
saskatoon, SK_Canada
Hey guys,

Little background on the build

1990 talon tsi awd 5speed, 230,000km(142,000miles)
strong motor/tranny
maintenance up to date

mods currently on

MBC
boost gauge
3" megan turboback
upgraded clutch

mods on way to my house currently

ecmlink
1120cc injectors
320lph pump
afpr
wideband
heat range 8 ngk spark plugs
thundervolt 50 spark plug wires

I dont know what horsepower Im aiming for, but want it high on pump gas. Will be a cruising car during the summer and take it to the track from time to time.

I was planning on doing speed density, fmic and turbo upgrade for next upgrade,

FMIC from vrsf, but am looking for recommendations for turbo upgrade, I was looking at 16g and was seeing some at turbochargers.com. I know fp is the brand, but can anyone tell me why to steer away from turbochargers.com. manifold will follow but I want to make sure I get the proper turbo first and foremost. Any feedback will be great, from different size/ stray away from bolt on turbos, as I look at threads from 5-15 years ago but would like some more recent feedback as times are changing with suppliers and stuff accessible

Thanks

No Ebay Turbo's!

FP Black seems to be a nice priced bolt-on turbo.
I really like the BW EFR-series. 8374 is nice, and you have some to grow with (79lb flow). Performs very well and is available with internal wastegate that works great. I am running this on my car and have 681hp@the hubs on E85.
Think you will be happy with most well known brands like Garrett, Precision etc.

Yeah I am reviewin garrett and precision turbos alot, for the moment I was able to find an exhaust manifold/evo3 big 16g and o2 housing combo for a great deal, I will run this as my summer is limited and plan to do an aggressive overhaul this winter

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back