The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Turbo on a N/T 4g63

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oscar5467

Probationary Member
Jul 29, 2018
Raelingen, Europe
I want to get a little more power out of my 2g eclipse. Nothing crazy Im thinking around 185-230 whp will do fine.

The car is a 1997 EU spec Eclipse with the 4g63 N/T

If I upgrade the ECU, Fuel system and add a knock sensor and leave the rest stock can I run a turbo on low psi without having to worry that the engine will go kaboom. How long will this setup last if I take good care of the engine and dosen't harass it, Weeks, months or years?

The car has 125000 miles or 203000 km on it. The engine has also been resurfaced once and many parts has been swapped out or replaced.

I don't know if pistons etc has been swapped out or if it is stock. The previous owner tried to sell me a turbo kit, he claimed the car was turbo ready.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back