The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

turbo install cost?!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

special_K86

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 14, 2003
Goleta_California
How much does it cost, if taken to a shop, to install a turbo kit w/ fmic? Just an average price would be helpful. Thanks- Kevin

6 hours (mechanic with tools an experience) x $55 an hour = roughly $350

Personally, I would install myself even if you don't think you can. You will be able to learn what does what and where parts are. If something breaks you will probably be able to solve the problem by yourself which can save you tons of money. Just a thought.

even if you have had zero experience with any turbos? you think it's possible to do yourself? I was looking at the hahn stage I kit, and it comes with instructions, but i'm a little nervous about breaking something.

I think i might just do it myself. It would help me learn a lot more and i would know how to fix it if something went wrong. My girlfriends brother is pretty smart with installing stuff himself so i could get his help. And fricken A, 800 dollars. I'd piss my pants if i got a bill that big for an install. Thanks everyone- Kevin

i'm doing it myself. i install everything myself, get the directions and study them i've been studying the HRC turbo instructions for a few months now and i have everything down, the hardest part looked to be the fuel, but i got it under control now. plus if u need help the guys on here or 2gnt will gladly help.

Since your going with an HRC kit, you can do it yourself, only an idiot could mess up with those instructions. Now if you had a Star kit then I would say you might want some help as those instructions assume that you know everything in the world about your car and don;t give you much more than....
1. Take off old fuel system
2. Install new fuel system
3. Install turbo
4. Go drive
LOL, seriousdly, they are not very thorough to say the least. The Hahn instructions pretty much hold your hand and walk you through the whole procedure. I didn't know that much about the whole thing wheh I did mine and I got it done in about 15 hours. And now I know a whole lot about how the thing works and what parts are on my car.

do you think that if i were to buy the star kit, that i could use the hahn instructions to do the install with no problem?

Yes, they are pretty much the same thing as far as this part goes here this one there....etc,etc. It's not really that hard, if you have a shop manuel for the car then your fine. and I installed mine by the HRC directions.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back