The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Turbo ID help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blasterracer817

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 29, 2012
Winona, Minnesota
Can anyone help me identify this turbo. The guy says it's a 20g, but it has a 14b compressor cover. But the compressor wheel is a dual blade like the 16g.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Hmm, could be an 8-blade 20g.
Could be, the inlet is clearly machined larger than a 14b housing, the only reason I'm skeptical is because the guy originally said its a genuine evo 8 20g which it obviously isn't. I may end up buying it anyways since he's only asking 100 for it and it doesn't look to be ebay to me. I wonder if maybe its an 18g?

Justin Whitesell figured it out on fb. It's a 14b compressor cover that someone machined out for a t04 compressor wheel that has really bad surging problems at anything above 18psi.

Justin is the man to ask! He is my only turbo man. Knows his stuff for sure.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back