The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

turbo help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

errors2g

Probationary Member
Apr 13, 2015
eden, North_Carolina
I just bought a 4g63 turbo the guy said it would fit a 420a turbo manifold but when I got it home and looked at the flanges I noticed they are turned 90 degrees off from each other. Does anyone know where I can purchase a manifold that will work? Or will modification be needed on the 420a flange to line it up to fit the turbo?

Yea that's what I bought. Just needing to know if I can purchase a manifold or will I have to cut the flange off and position it for the turbo to sit right.

Turbo really doesn't matter. It's the manifold that you need to match the turbine inlet. Most are t3 style like the Hahn racing 16and 20g with the 10cm housings. If your planning to use a t25 you need a manifold that will fit the 6cm turbine. And I would highly suggest you read and get in contact with those that have done this. Also have all your parts like everything you need before you start.

That's definitely not drop-in. The turbo choice is important, but not nearly as much as the supporting mods. Check out this thread, it looks quite good: http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/420a-rebuild-then-turbo-plan-help.487364/

Start off by considering your internals, cooling system, tuning/electronics (biggies) and just other stupid stuff like how/where to plumb intercooler piping in your existing engine bay configuration.

Note on the turbo itself for the OP: T25 and a 20G are wayyyyyy different. T25s come off of the 2G DSM turbos and are considered fairly small, the 20G is off of a truck. Also, can you not just clock the turbo to get the flanges facing the way that you need?

Im not sore on the non turbo, but most steel fab shops can weld, drill and cut anything

20g is jot a stock 2g turbo. No you cannot just cut the flange off. Buying a turbo is just one step to this process and not the first step. Op im sorry but you are in over your head. You need to do some research before going further.
1 figure out what you need.
2. After that decide if you still want to do this.
3. I would not use that turbo on fitment issues alone.
4.there is a lot more support needed than just the turbo.

Most guys boosting the 420a do not use a t25. It's too small for the effort it takes to get it working. In your case, you either need a new manifold, or an adapter plate if there is room to run one. In both cases, you are going to run into issues finding one for a 6cm housing like the one on the t25, as the 7cm 16G is what most people go with. As others have said, there are numerous supporting mods you need before sorting that out.

If this is your first time boosting a car, you should probably look into a kit, like the Hahn Racecraft kit. There are cheaper and better ways to go, but without knowing exactly what your doing, that's the most foolproof way to go.

After much research I've found no one had tried this turbo on this car or at least has posted anything. The td05h-20g is not a truck turbo and I've found an adapter to make a t3 manifold work with this turbo, as for the intercooler I will have to modify the engine bay some but not that hard to do and with the body kit that I have it will allow enough room for it to sit nicely. I need suggestions on what size injectors to go with on this build I've collected everything that's need to run 8 psi not trying to build a monster just something to shut the Honda boys up. Also need suggestions on going with a short shifter and how to shave some weight out of this damn 3500lb car.

I was miss informed on what turbo I had so I did the research and came up with it being the td05h-20g

Oops, my mistake :coy: You are correct, the TD05H-20G is not from a truck, I was thinking of the TD06-20G (the one that you have is a TD05 housing with the bigger wheel in it). For a turbo of that size at 8 PSI, I would think mid-500cc/min at the bare minimum. But before deciding on injectors, you'll need to figure out how engine management will work. Will you be using some sort of standalone system?

8psi on a 20g? What's the point? Sell it, get a 14b or a t25, and have money left over.

At 8psi, they will still roll over you anyway. Especially the newer crop.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back