1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Trouble Logging In or Staying Logged In?

CLEAR YOUR BROWSER COOKIES! More info about this can be found here. If you still have trouble after clearing your browser's cookies and cache, reply to that thread and tell us what browser you're using and what device you're using.

2G Turbo choice opinions

Posted by BasketcaseTSI, Aug 12, 2018 at 9:17 PM

Please Support Jackson Auto Machine
  1. BasketcaseTSI

BasketcaseTSI Proven Member

Joined Feb 11, 2018
    South Haven, Michigan
    Ok, I found and bought a 7 blade hx35 from a friend of mine who's got a diesel shop. The goal for my car is around 600 awhp. I've got access to e85 and plan to run it and I've got L19 studs since I plan on running loads of boost. Should I sell my hx35 and buy an hx40 or throw on the hx35 and let it eat? I know 600 is a big ask for a 56mm turbo.

My DSM:
    1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

automatic
  2. Vegas smith

Vegas smith Proven Member

Joined Dec 2, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    I've only heard of one DSM making 600 on an hx35. I wouldn't bet on hitting your goal with that turbo.

My DSM:
    1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

GT30   manual
    1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (sold)

16g   manual
    Dstarperformance01 likes this.
  3. Canadian_CD9A

Canadian_CD9A Proven Member

Joined Feb 10, 2012
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    HX40 with a big turbine housing at least: the HX35 won't get you there.

Dstarperformance01 likes this.