The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Turbo Boost Creep Creeping T25 14B 16G [Merged]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You shouldn't bump your thread.
Why havent you responded to any of these replies? They were some great advice.
Describe "I get boost creep at 5k rpms"
Have you tried porting your wastegate opening and flapper area?
Have you checked for boost leaks?
Get rid of the stock bcs and get a MBC.
and yeah, like Tevenor said ^^ Get an aftermarket gauge if you dont have one, the stock's not accurate.

Any mitsu housing turbo can have boost creep, expecially when you put a 3" exhaust. Who ever said it wont creep was wrong. Are you having creep problems?

Yes. I think so because after I hit 5k rpms WOT it fuel cuts, but I think my boost leak tester was crappy so I'm going to try making a new one. I also want to hear of other cases having it on a T-25 haven't found not one.

How much boost are you trying to run on the turbo. You aren't going to have creep with a T-25. You are going to spike because it spools so fast. You will probably spike 18 if you set at 16 then it will settle down and fall on its way to redline. You only usually get creep on bigger turbo's that can hold higher psi in the upper rpm range.

Most people report issues of boost creep on the 16gs. Boost creep is mainly from running a 3in downpipe/exhaust because it flows to much. This is why people port the 16g and add the 34mm wastegate. The t25 would be hard to make creep if its at all possible because it doesnt make enough power to be effective all the way to redline.

-Kevin_

I'm still running the stock T25 with an RRE down pipe, no cat, and Apexi N1 cat-back. I have no boost creap issues to speak of.

What do you have your boost set at?

I've personally seen at least a dozen t25 powered cars with full turbobacks NOT creep. Ironically, it defies the very concept of how boost creep occurs, but with the small t25, it just does not happen (fyi, obviously there have been cases of a t25 creeping, but this is from personal experience).

SaiyanFury said:
Boost creep can also result from low performing cams from my research. If your turbo is pushing too much air, but the engine can't do anything with it, you might simply have too much boost. Just a thought. Cams can address this problem. It's not a fix, but perhaps a possible solution.
That is what is called "compressor surge", not boost creep.

Sorry to ressurect an old thread, but I have an example of T-25 boost creep. Right now it is creeping up to 18 pounds before hitting fuel cut at 5500RPM. 3" turboback, un-ported O2 housing, MBC set (currently) at 12 pounds, was at 15, turned it down to see what would happen with the fuel cut.

You shouldnt hit fuel cut so early, you must have a boost leak. Also you guys do need to remember its how the mitsu housing is designed and any mitsu turbo can have boost creep.

The car doesn't have any boost leaks. That was the first thing I tested when this started happening.

EDIT: I think that I should add that it happened while I was tuning last night, but didn't do it the night before, and never happened before last month. I'm going to do some tweaking later and see if I can rule some things out.

Dasamary said:
Boost Creep occurs due to a too restrictive exhaust. Ive never had boost creep on the stock exhaust and when I went with a 3" catback no issues as well. Most boost creep on 16G turbos occurs due to the 02 housing being too narrow for the amount of exhaust the turbo is trying to push through.

I used to run an APEXI BOV vented to the atmosphere and it wouldn't hold boost because I didn't have the washer tightened. The BOV was trying to vent when I hit 13 psi. It felt exactly like fuel cut.

I would seriously doubt a T-25 would ever boost creep...unless you put a stock honda pencil exhaust on your car.

You are incorrect. Actually the higher flowing the exhuast the more likely to creep. Most people dont creep with 2.5" or stock. But when you put a 3" exhaust on you are more likely to creep. The T-25 is less likely to creep than the 16g but it can happen and some already said it has.

Now the reason you have boost creep has to do with the wastegate not diverting enough air, this usually happens when you open up exhaust flow. Here is a great link.

http://dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109324

Boost Creep occurs due to a too restrictive exhaust. Ive never had boost creep on the stock exhaust and when I went with a 3" catback no issues as well. Most boost creep on 16G turbos occurs due to the 02 housing being too narrow for the amount of exhaust the turbo is trying to push through.

I used to run an APEXI BOV vented to the atmosphere and it wouldn't hold boost because I didn't have the washer tightened. The BOV was trying to vent when I hit 13 psi. It felt exactly like fuel cut.

I would seriously doubt a T-25 would ever boost creep...unless you put a stock honda pencil exhaust on your car.
Please search "boost creep" before posting, smaller exhaust reduces the chance for creep. And yes though rare, T25 can creep.

edit: too late.

Im gonna apologize to everyone for not thinking through my comment on this thread. Jayrolla is right!

I have a feeling that the T-25 can't make enough power to really create many boost creep problems. The more power = more exhaust gas. More exhaust gas will cause you to boost creep if you can't divert it away. A good Wastegate with allow that as will an atmospheric dump.

I have a feeling that the T-25 can't make enough power to really create many boost creep problems. The more power = more exhaust gas. More exhaust gas will cause you to boost creep if you can't divert it away. A good Wastegate with allow that as will an atmospheric dump.
Boost creep has little to do with an O2 dump, more to do with the poorly wastegate path flow design in the turbine housing. Proper porting of the turbine housing will resolve boost creep without having to dump in most cases.

Very well put. An o2 dump will help with spike because it will create less restriction so the exhaust gases can exit quickly. With creep there is too much resistance and the exhaust gases can't get out fast enough. Porting is the best way to resolve this issue.

I have an AGP T28 and its creeping a little. Im running straight wastegate, yet in 3rd gear, Im at around 16psi. The turbo-to-o2 housing gasket didnt line up that good. Part of the gasket covered the port where the wastegate flapper is, so its probably blocking exhaust flow to that specific point. I couldnt dremel it flush because it was too close to the exhaust hole, and would have created just one giant hole in the gasket. Would this cause boost creep?

What do you have for exhaust? A high free flowing exhaust can cause creep too. Thats why porting is a common mod in the stock MHI housing's. I guess the gasket can cause it, maybe not allowing the flapper to open all the way. Why don't you just change the gasket?

Hi fellow Dsmers. l purchased a big 16g from SBR and right after intalling it to my surprise i got boost creep.
I found on the theads here the "how to cure creep by porting" so i dropped the turbo ported the inlet and the flapper hole all the way fo two days , the thing ended up awesome.
it was shinny like a mirror all over, i put it back on. Everything looks good, she starts and l take her for a drive and when l hit WOT... bam, the %$@%$ing creep is there, way quicker spool up, but creep. Any help on what this problem could be, would be greatly appreciated. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back