The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

General tuning help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alyster

Proven Member
May 4, 2015
East Ridge, Tennessee
Planning a major build and just looking for a list of parts needed to finish it. I'm going to strike and bore the motor rebuild the heads polish and port and need a list of parts that will make tuning easier and better. Like which car to take a mass air flow off of and blow off valve and which wideband would do better. Also I wanted to know if there was a way to control and even override the current ecm without buying ecmlink and run it off of a computer, like the laptop controls the car through the current ecm

If you look under the resources tab at the top of this page, you will find an appropriate upgrade guide to both first and second generation DSMs. If you are new to tuning, DSMLink is hands-down the best tuning platform. If your not wanting DSMLink due to the cost, then the other questions you have asked are irrelevant as the best options will not be the cheapest solution. As to your question about tuning, ECU Flash with Ceddy Mods are possible with certain 2nd generation DSM ECUs. Like DSMLink, it does not allow you to run the car off a laptop, but re-flash the ECU with different settings.

If you are looking for particular brands, look to supporting vendors to see what they are selling, look at your budget, and do some research.

Last edited:
Tried the resource upgrade path it's not loading when I click on it. And I already have a plan for my builds so that doesn't help me much. I have already spent 2500 on the trans and am not wanting to build the engine before I'm able to tune it. I'm thinking about dsmlink but would rather change the ecu to one that can be flashed and use ecuflash and I was asking for peoples working experience to what parts are best to help with tuning not opinions.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back