The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Tubular rear subframe - Input needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sorry if I missed this throughout this thread, but would a 1G version be available? Feel free to PM me as I would be in the market to buy if it is.

Josh
The 1G rear subframe is on my winter to-do list, along with a 2G front k-member. Force Engineering will get the first 1G subframe for testing as soon as I finish it.

I recently aquired a stock subframe to use to build a jig and I'll be starting a thread about it here as soon as work begins.

All this work better not impact you getting your car up and running by spring :)
We'll see. So far, not having a garage for my DSM is really impacting getting it back together though. Time to work on it will definitely be an issue too, but I'm OK with that. I really enjoy building parts for others and it all adds to the car fund in one way or another. At some point I'll burn out and need to take a break, and then it will be a perfect time to reassemble my DSM. :)

The 1G rear subframe is on my winter to-do list, along with a 2G front k-member. Force Engineering will get the first 1G subframe for testing as soon as I finish it.

I recently aquired a stock subframe to use to build a jig and I'll be starting a thread about it here as soon as work begins.

Any rough idea how much weight savings you'd be able to get out of it? Will you keep sway bar provisions? Very interested.

Here's some pics of the control arms I recently build for Andrew Brilliant's time attack 2G. I did these a little different than before. I added double adjusters so that length is quick and easy to change on the fly. And they have standoffs for use on a factory rear subframe.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, I'm not offering the control arms by themselves. These were an exception to the rule to help Andrew out.

oh i guess i will have to try make my own then as i would love more control of stuff in the rear. do you have any pointers or plans you could share?

I'll plan my surgery as soon as you make the 1g subframes available. How much can I sell a kidney for these days anyway? I'll find a way to get a tubular subframe for my 1g one way or another - and my wife wouldn't notice I was missing a kidney... I'll just have to tell her the surgery is for an appendix removal or something.

How much can I sell a kidney for these days anyway? QUOTE]

You can do that..Why am I just finding out now..I dont need this kidney,I dont even drink..Or wait, thats the liver..Well either way.

Just start donating to the sperm bank and by the time Paul will have one built for a 1g you should have a few thousand saved. :D

Paul's still waiting for me to install the subframe I bought from him months ago, it just hasn't been possible after I separated from the military and moved. I've also been procrastinating because of that DGR GB I was in, I don't want to align the car twice so I've been a bit reluctant to start tearing the back end apart just to do it again in February.

:dsm:

Just start donating to the sperm bank and by the time Paul will have one built for a 1g you should have a few thousand saved. :D
LOL - I better start making my contributions to that bank starting today... my wife will think I'm cheating on her - I guess I would be, for a subframe. :D

I too am interested in the tubular rear end. I sent you a PM but your probably getting swarmed by PM's regarding these, but if just let me know the details on one of these.

I too am interested in the tubular rear end. I sent you a PM but your probably getting swarmed by PM's regarding these, but if just let me know the details on one of these.
I sent an PM also asking about pricing ,, no reply whenever you get the time let me know
Sorry guys, I was away for a bit. I believe I've caught up on all PMs, but if you didn't get a reply from me, feel free to PM me again and I'll respond right away.

Absolutely Awesome product! Amazing work.
Thanks you, sir! :)

I have my rear subframe out of my car right now. I was reading on what all can be done to make it better. I saw this thread read through it all and man you make awesome stuff. I sent you a private message. My number is XXX-XXX-XXXX. My name is clayton.

Ok I want one! How do I pay you? What is the turn around time? Can you call me XXX-XXX-XXXX. my name is Cayton

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back