The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

ECMlink Trouble this time around with tune

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsxeclipse102

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 8, 2003
carmel, New_York
1). Any boost, vac, or exhaust leaks?no
Boost leak tested 5psi above your max boost with no leaks?no

2). Verified mechanical timing?
Yes
3). Verified base timing?
Yea
4). Ignition system
COP or Stock Coil:stock
Wire brand and Age:msd like new
Spark Plug brand, type and Gap:
Bp7es
5). Motor health (Compression Test)
Cylinder 1:
Cylinder 2:
Cylinder 3:
Cylinder 4:

6). Performed basic throttle body adjustments?
Idle Switch:deleted
Throttle Cable:yes
TPS:yes
BISS:yes

7). Compression ratio
8.3:1
8). Any known bad sensors or brittle wiring?
All wiring is new
9). Any DTC/CEL codes?
No
10). Electrical system
Car off (not running):12.6
Car running:13.6-14.1

11). Base fuel pressure and injector values
Base Fuel Pressure:43
Injector Size (cc/min):1650

12). Properly calibrated and configured wideband sensor
Sensor Brand:aem
Calibration Date:

13). Type of fuel
Type:pump 93
Percent of Ethanol:

14). Watched ECMlink how-to videos?yes

Ok asking for advice. My last set up with 1100 high z injectors was easy to set up. Now i have a worked head with oversize valves and 1650 highz's. The first 3 pics are with the fic given global and deadtimes. With airflow per rev in check i get horrible spikes in my afrest and the idle sounds choppy between the lopes of the cams. The last 3 pics of are my old sd set up with injector global. Car runs so much better but the global is way off. Wot is horrible rich(9.5:1) and stutters horribly. Ive played with deadtimes but it sounds choppy/misfiring. I got these injectors brand new off a member on here. Still in wrapping and all. Has anyone ever had to cut an injector size in half to get the car to run right? I will post actual idle and cruising logs tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_1391.JPG
    IMG_1391.JPG
    369.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1392.JPG
    IMG_1392.JPG
    303.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1393.JPG
    IMG_1393.JPG
    430.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1394.JPG
    IMG_1394.JPG
    371.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1395.JPG
    IMG_1395.JPG
    410.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1396.JPG
    IMG_1396.JPG
    327.6 KB · Views: 48
Forgot laptop in the car( was rushing cause it was pouring out). Ill post logs tomorrow. I just wanted an idea what is causing the incorrect global adjustment(9xx cc for 1650cc injectors and the crazy afrest spikes. Im starting to wonder about these injectors...

Im glad you saw this thread GST with PSI. yes i input the correct voltage table provided with the sheet. I used the 43.5 column since thats my base pressure(give or take a pound)

I typically dial in my idle last after my entire tune is sorted out. Reason being, any adjustments made to global will affect your idle tune, and vise versa. Once I dial in global and ensure it's perfect at WOT, I'll make any adjustments to the SD table and deadtime needed to get idle in check.

So, my first question would be is your global dialed in at WOT?

When i tried using the fic given global (1575cc) wot at 6500 and 25.7 psia was very lean. Close to 15:1. That cell is already at 100 on my sd table. So i kept adjusting the global richer to compensate. Afterwards the car was very pig rich everywhere but right at 6500 haha.

Do you know what would cause the afrest to spike like that in the first picture? That was with global being close to spec. I couldnt get my airflowperrevs any lower the car was vibrating horribly.

I can't really give much better advice without a log. There are too many pieces that aren't apparent in a screenshot.

Do you suggest i go with the given fic global numbers tomorrow when i post a log?

I would use whatever the calculator says after you plug in all of your information, and go from there.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back