The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

transmission wont go into gears

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lugones

Probationary Member
Jun 1, 2010
Miami, Florida
I installed a new xtd stage 4 clutch and pressure plate with new release bearing recently but it seems this wasnt my problem i made the car work by bleeding the whole clutch system and it was going into gears but not 2 easy then after a few days without moving the car i had the same problem the car wouldnt go into gears so i try bleeding it again and nothing the car still wont go into any gear at all now there is something i didnt do that i think can be causing me this strugle i was supose to add grease to the part where the release bearing slides and all those parts there as well as the release bearing and the fork but i didnt can this be whats causing the car not to go into any gears? and i already bleeded it all with a new master and slave cylinder and my pedal its with good pressure. i really need help with this is driving me crazy not to be able to drive my car because of not being able to go into gears so i would really paresiate if anyone can help me out find out whats the problem by the way my car is a 98 eclipse spyder with the 4g64 engine on it wish is basicly the 4g63 without the dohc :banghead::cry:

I installed a new xtd stage 4 clutch and pressure plate with new release bearing recently but it seems this wasnt my problem i made the car work by bleeding the whole clutch system and it was going into gears but not 2 easy then after a few days without moving the car i had the same problem the car wouldnt go into gears so i try bleeding it again and nothing the car still wont go into any gear at all now there is something i didnt do that i think can be causing me this strugle i was supose to add grease to the part where the release bearing slides and all those parts there as well as the release bearing and the fork but i didnt can this be whats causing the car not to go into any gears? and i already bleeded it all with a new master and slave cylinder and my pedal its with good pressure. i really need help with this is driving me crazy not to be able to drive my car because of not being able to go into gears so i would really paresiate if anyone can help me out find out whats the problem by the way my car is a 98 eclipse spyder with the 4g64 engine on it wish is basicly the 4g63 without the dohc :banghead::cry:

I had a similar issue happen to me. The throw out bearing clip had came loose on one side which threw my clutch fork off causing my gears to go in really hard. Eventually the fork broke when I kept trying to bleed the system.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back