The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

1G Transmission fluid, where do I put it in? How can you tell how much is in it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Axtualize

Probationary Member
May 9, 2014
Fredericktown, Ohio
I have a 1g 94 eagle talon dl, I have no idea where to put the tranny fluid in. There is no dipstick, or window to see how much is in it. I know this is probably a stupid question but for real, where is it?!

Its not stupid. Make sure the car is level when adding transmission fluid. Below the beginning of the air filter is a bolt on the transmission. It faces the front of the car. While filling this you have to wait till it starts to over flow. Let it flow out till its level.[DOUBLEPOST=1408623413][/DOUBLEPOST]Before you go removing that bolt. Let some one else confirm its that specific bolt. I went from 100% to 73% sure. Lol

Attachments

• FB_IMG_14000231747777296.jpg
    FB_IMG_14000231747777296.jpg
    372.6 KB · Views: 241
Since 1g cars all had the 4g I'd assume they had the same transmission regardless of turbo or non turbo. However Im not 100% on that. Although, Wolf alchemy's photo is of the correct fill plug for the transmission in the picture!!

They don't all have the same trans, turbo and non turbo transmissions are different. The Fill hole should be in the same place as in the photo. The DL is a 1.8L 4g37

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back