The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Transfer case rebuild question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclipto98

Proven Member
Sep 7, 2014
lodi, California
A while ago i put in a new coupler and bearings in my tcase , but i didnt make any mating marks for reinstallation. what do i do since i didnt make the marks i dont want to just reinstall it and have it sieze up

Never heard it called that.what exactly is you concern? Marks to slide it onto tranny? There are none.
On the fsm it says when removing the coupler to mark the gear so that when you reinstall it the teeth match up . I had to change the coupler because all the teeth wer melted but I pulled it with out marking the teeth on the gear that connects to the coupler to the rest of the t case assembly

Attachments

• tmp_6508-Screenshot_2014-12-19-06-41-11-84539223.png
    tmp_6508-Screenshot_2014-12-19-06-41-11-84539223.png
    94.2 KB · Views: 97
im not sure if im understanding LOL i bought the bearings new and just pressed them on the coupler , i didnt notice a shim of any kind.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back