The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Trans cooler

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cesarlcase

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 29, 2009
lynbrook, New_York
Okay, so I have the tru cool unit mounted on the car, my only concern is the top of the trans has 2 ports and the tru cool has two also, does it matter which way it's connected? If so how do I do this correctly. Thank you.

On the transmission, the hose in the front port is the "feed", or "out".

The hose behind that is the "return", or "in".

The only reason the trans cooler manufacturers recommend you go from trans-to-radiator-to-cooler-to trans, is that it if it was in the reverse order, it is possible, under some conditions, for the trans cooler to cool the trans fluid and then as it passes through the radiator portion, for the temperature to increase again, because of the transference with the coolant.

Now that you know the correct fluid flow, you might as well hook it up with your trans cooler after the radiator cooler.

On the transmission, the hose in the front port is the "feed", or "out".

The hose behind that is the "return", or "in".

The only reason the trans cooler manufacturers recommend you go from trans-to-radiator-to-cooler-to trans, is that it if it was in the reverse order, it is possible, under some conditions, for the trans cooler to cool the trans fluid and then as it passes through the radiator portion, for the temperature to increase again, because of the transference with the coolant.

Now that you know the correct fluid flow, you might as well hook it up with your trans cooler after the radiator cooler.

Thank you for that in depth explanation dog whistle.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back