The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Tranny problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moi831

Probationary Member
Dec 26, 2016
Salinas, California
Was up guys..I’m new to this but I got a lil bit of a problem with my 2g

It’s a 1999 spyder gst
I drove the car home(2hr drive)..I stopped at a Red light and I couldn’t put it in gear..I managed to get home and parked it and turned the car off and about 30 min after I went back to check it out and turned the car on and I was able to put it gear again with no issues...I can’t figure out why it did that..what could be the issue

Tough to say. How'd you get it home?

First thought is clutch issues, followed by possible crank thrust movement, or the shift weight was hitting something in the engine bay.

More information is needed, like any mods drivetrain wise, what gears would it not go into etc.

I would turn it off put it into gear then back on...and yea I realized that I put tranny instead of clutch after I posted it but there is no mods have been done to it but the previous owner said he put a stage 2 clutch(don’t know what brand but it would go into any gear...I was thinking that it might be the throw out bearing?

Check your linkage as well. My short throw shifter has snapped at the linkage multiple times and getting into gear was impossible. That's best case.

Try getting us more information regarding upgrades and diagnosis may be simpler.

Was up guys so I’ve fixed the problem after replacing the clutch line with a stainless steel and the bushing for the shift links and the base and also installed a Megan shifter I realized that the link hooked up to the shifter had a bushing that was no good and that was the problem...I replace that bushing with a thick O-Ring that I had to cut to fit it in there and 2 thick washers to eliminate any free play and to prevent the o-ring from coming out

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back