The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

1G TPS issues, all checks out but still have cel

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nuzzi

Proven Member
Jan 11, 2014
Torrington, Connecticut
Im having an annoying issue with my 91 tsi, a cel for TPS wont go away yet everything checks out fine. Im using a 2g tps. It idles perfect right at 700+/- a few rpm, afr cycles right around 14.7, biss is out 1 1/4 turn. Ive adjusted the tps every way I can and still have the cel. I adjusted it to .63v, .48-.52v, adjusted it by continuity and resistance between pins 3/4, total resistance between pins 1/4 is about 4.8k, getting about 4.9v at the plug, I checked the voltage of pin2 at the ecu plug, as well as the closed throttle pin at the ecu and it switches to ground as it should at idle. Im using the 1g closed throttle switch as a throttle stop which is adjusted per the manual, the throttle cable is adjusted perfect, no cruise. I really don't know what else there is. Any clue? Thanks in advance.

I bought a new multimeter to make sure the old one was accurate, and it was the same. At this point im wondering if the tps is bad even though its new. I now have it set just where the idle switch closes to make it run right, but that puts the voltage output at about .66v so I get a cel. How are you guys getting the 2g tps to work?

Went ahead and put it back to the 1g setup with another new tps and separate idle switch. Set the tps to .509v, still getting a dam cel! even tried a different ecu, the only thing that stands out is the resistance on the ISC. The manual says it should be between 28-33ohms per coil, this one measures 43ohms on both coils. Would that cause a problem? it runs and idles perfect, and the isc is brand new. black plastic type replacement.

What engine code are you exactly getting p??? Are you removing engine codes after every diagnosis. Some codes are triggered by others. Car runs fine to you I would just leave it be. I had same prob with my aic replaced it still came on. Once I got different ecu with link it went away.

Code 14, one long pulse with 4 short. The iac is included in that code, ive tried different ecu's and cleared the code by pulling the stop fuse and by disconnecting the battery. I just hate seeing that light on knowing there might be an issue. It has to be the iac, I just love new parts that are bad. Of course link would be great, but its not in the cards right now.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back