torque specs for oil pan????

Posted by MadrussianSVT, Jul 8, 2011
Newbie Thread Graveyard - Repetitive questions already answered in the FAQ Forum, Tech Articles, other New Member required reading,, etc. This is a read-only forum. If your thread ends up here, you didn't do the required reading.

Please Support Jackson Auto Machine
  1. MadrussianSVT

MadrussianSVT Proven Member

Jun 9, 2011
    so yeah, I did very quick search and didnt find anything. Can some one tell me what are the torque specs for oil pan bolts, drain plug and do I need to put on new gasket every time I remove my oil pan? thanx in advance!
  2. 9!'clipseDOHC

9!'clipseDOHC Moderator

DSM Profiles:
    Aug 24, 2003
    The pan is 5 ft. lbs. and the drain bolt is 29 ft. lbs. Also the oil pan "gasket" (at least stock) is just RTV/sealant so yes, you would need to reapply it every time.

Refer here for all your future torque spec questions: