The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Tokico Illumina adjustment broke!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smoothie97

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 30, 2003
TexasUS
Grrrr...just had my Tokico illuminas and springs installed. Anybody notice how cheap the adjustment screw is? Mine are made out of plastic! So as I was trying to adjust the rear one, it broke off and now its permanently stuck on 5! The ride sucks. I can't turn the adjustment anymore because its all grounded up and broken. Why didn't Tokico make this fitting out of iron or steel??

I noticed that when I try to adjust it, the fitting turned but when I let go, it seemed to torque back to its roginal postion. I could turn it maybe 45 deg but then it wouldn't snap into place like it should. It just torqued itself back to its setting of 5?? Do I have a defective one? What's the procedure to get a new one? I know Tokico has a liftetime warranty.

I was adjusting the other ones and they almost broke too. I got 3 up front, and a 3 and a 5 in the back now. This sucks.

Did you press down then turn the adjuster? I have AGX shocks and i know the adjuster will break and be hard to turn if you dont press it in first. My friend just got illuminas put on and was trying to adjust them today and it looked like it was really hard to turn so i told him to push it in. Maybe thats your problem or they are defective.

I have noticed that pressing down does make it turn a little easier. I think I tried that on the one I broke too.

I can't believe this. I hadn't even driven the car. My first time adjusting it and it just breaks off. It's made out of plastic! It didn't snap away either. It was more of a grinding away. Kinda like when you install a stereo dash kit you gotta bend those unnecessary tabs and then just twist them off.

If I can't fix it then I guess I'll change my rear to have 5. But from what I can tell, 5 is way too harsh.

How about 1 up front and 5 in the back for just a pure daily driver??

I had the same thing happen to me about 4 years ago on my Honda Delsol. I cant beleive they haven't improved them at all.

I called Tokico up and they sent me new ones for free.

Originally posted by 90AWDTalon
I had the same thing happen to me about 4 years ago on my Honda Delsol. I cant beleive they haven't improved them at all.

I called Tokico up and they sent me new ones for free.

Cool. I'll call them tomorrow. I hope they don't require for me to send them the broken shock. Because I only have one car. I cannot take out the old one, ship it, then wait for a new one. Once I receive the new one, I'd be glad to send them the piece of crap one that I got!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back