The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G timing adjustment help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDsM20

Proven Member
Jun 11, 2014
San diego, California
So i read a thread that you can change timing in a 2g with 1g cas

Bought advance timing light and trying to figure where is the timing connector that supposed to be grounded

Idk where it is need help pls

Attachments

• 2014-09-20 13.07.46.jpg
    2014-09-20 13.07.46.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 87
  • 2014-09-20 13.06.05.jpg
    2014-09-20 13.06.05.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 92
In picture number 1, that tan plug is the one you will ground. It should look like a circle when you disconnect it.[DOUBLEPOST=1411244409][/DOUBLEPOST]Get yourself a wire that has a clamp on each end so you can connect it to the pin on the plug (small clamp) and then the other clamp you can connect to your battery negative terminal.

On 1g's it's on the firewall, passenger side to the right of battery. It's got two wires and its bolted to the firewall and not connected to anything. Pull the rubber cover off and ground it, then adj timing. But not sure about 2g's, thought it was the same. Take a pic of the whole engine bay.

In picture number 1, that tan plug is the one you will ground. It should look like a circle when you disconnect it.[DOUBLEPOST=1411244409][/DOUBLEPOST]Get yourself a wire that has a clamp on each end so you can connect it to the pin on the plug (small clamp) and then the other clamp you can connect to your battery negative terminal.
What if i cant find a wire that has clamps what alternative way to ground it?[DOUBLEPOST=1411244868][/DOUBLEPOST]
On 1g's it's on the firewall, passenger side to the right of battery. It's got two wires and its bolted to the firewall and not connected to anything. Pull the rubber cover off and ground it, then adj timing. But not sure about 2g's, thought it was the same. Take a pic of the whole engine bay.

Attachments

• 2014-09-20 13.27.26.jpg
    2014-09-20 13.27.26.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 86
Well this is where you will have to get creative, I'm pretty sure like a speaker terminal connector should fit in there, you might have to crush it down slightly to fit on the pin but it should work. Then just strip the other end of the wire down and bolt it to the firewall or connect it to the battery. When you have the car running and put that end in the terminal after you have it grounded it will bring the RPMS down you will hear it if it's a good connection.

Sorry but it is hard to see the firewall in detail from that. It would be fastened with the connector facing up and covered by a protective boot toward middle/pass side and is one of the only connectors attached to the firewall. I hope this helps, I'm not near my talon or I would take a pic of it.

Well this is where you will have to get creative, I'm pretty sure like a speaker terminal connector should fit in there, you might have to crush it down slightly to fit on the pin but it should work. Then just strip the other end of the wire down and bolt it to the firewall or connect it to the battery. When you have the car running and put that end in the terminal after you have it grounded it will bring the RPMS down you will hear it if it's a good connection.
Well i guess ill just buy an aligator clip later when i have the money to buy vc gasket so i guess ill do my timing after i change my vc thanks for the help though[DOUBLEPOST=1411248593][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sorry but it is hard to see the firewall in detail from that. It would be fastened with the connector facing up and covered by a protective boot toward middle/pass side and is one of the only connectors attached to the firewall. I hope this helps, I'm not near my talon or I would take a pic of it.
Yeahh i think i found it if it is the brown thing then yeah if its not i guess i have to look for it thanks man![DOUBLEPOST=1411248636][/DOUBLEPOST]
Do you have ecmlink? There's a button in ecmilnk to ground timing.
No i dont have a link cant afford it :(

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back