The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Time for another build. :-/

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

livedsm4g63

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 1, 2008
Auburn Hills, Michigan
Story,
I was driving home to see my family one weekend and I got about 10 minutes away from my house when my car starts to act funny. I look at my oil pressure and I see it fluctuation from 20-65 psi while I'm driving. I also heard a weird noise so I pulled off the highway. Everything seemed fine, so i hoped back on the highway and finally made it home. I decided to park the car until I could get all of the parts around, because I knew I wanted to build my bottom end since my top has been done for around 10k miles. Luckily enough I was buying my parents Mazda 6 off of them for my DD. Perfect timing right?!

IMG_0486.jpg

Well I have almost all of the parts so I decided to pull my motor yesterday and strip it down. This is what I found.....

IMG_0488.jpg

Pretty funny huh? I about laughed because what could one do? A bolt on my oil pump decided to come out and my bottom end ate it alive. Good news though, nothing else was damaged at all since I parked the car once it happened. While I had the engine out I thought Id put it on the trailer and take it into town for a wash. Good bye Grease.

IMG_0487.jpg

Well now the engine is in the back of my Mazda 6 with the crank still in it. I just have to take it to the machine shop to get it bored, decked, and align honed. Not sure where Im going to take it yet but ill be dropping it off somewhere after the first of the new year. I have manely h-beams and wiseco pistons to go in it. Im still debating on if I want to run a main girdle or not...I have mixed emotions on if I really need it or not. Either way, enjoy the pics!

Looking good! Lets throw that engine in your car and start the break in process!

Well a little update, engine is in and the car is running. I have around 175 miles on the engine but I seem to be leaking oil from somewhere. Compression test yielded 150-150-155-150. So Hopefully I just need to drive it a tad more to get the rings fully seated.

We took off the value cover and some of the arps were a bit loose at 75-80lbs so we tightened them to 95lbs.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back