The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Road Race Build 2G Auto Time Attack race build!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sick.. I use the driven wheel also. And always thought I might go auto if I could get a paddle shifter. If you don't mind how much was that setup?

Also have you shared this with the "driven" company? They are always asking customer's to post up there installs. And from there site it looks like they have been focusing on the European market a lot lately. May turn into a sponsorship.

Last edited:
Anymore info on the wireless shifting system? What does it operate over, bluetooth?

Most of the reviews I've read on the wireless systems complained about there being too much lag for "race" use. How does this interface with the DSM TCU? Some kind of module playing middle man I assume?

That master cylinder is baller :thumb:

Sick.. I use the driven wheel also. And always thought I might go auto if I could get a paddle shifter. If you don't mind how much was that setup?

Also have you shared this with the "driven" company? They are always asking customer's to post up there installs. And from there site it looks like they have been focusing on the European market a lot lately. May turn into a sponsorship.

I was recommended to get the steering wheel and I wanted something different and never seen a driven wheel in the UK with my own eyes yet so figured why the hell not! It's a very nice wheel,

I've not send any pictures yet to them as I want it complete before I do, but I will be sure to message them with picture updates if they so wish to show the setup off,

Anymore info on the wireless shifting system? What does it operate over, bluetooth?

Most of the reviews I've read on the wireless systems complained about there being too much lag for "race" use. How does this interface with the DSM TCU? Some kind of module playing middle man I assume?

That master cylinder is baller :thumb:
That master cylinder I'm assuming is the duel setup I'm assuming? That's now gone back and I'm betting billet pedals instead hehe

I have the road surge shiftbox and that will be linked into the electronics for the paddle shifter system, so road surge in with the TCU then the wires from shifter module to the shiftbox, so no different then using the road surge buttons

I'm not knowing everything about how the shifters work but it's been said to not be laggy at all, it runs on its own Frequency HZ range so it's dedicated to its own children so no interference, you may have to message David the owner https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=147404165676183&tsid=0.8050282072741501&source=typeahead

He can answer your questions alot better then I can at the moment.

i realised today your actually the one who told me to get the Driven wheel because of your brother! haha i dont know why it took me so long to realise so i am sorry for that. its a great feeling wheel for sure and 1000% glad I got one now, now I just need it back so i can hold it now with all the gubbings on it

Ya, driven itself is located 2hrs from me.
I'm currently debating on either doing a built tmz tranny or doing a cage with driven seats and driven harnesses with my tax returns this year on top the suspension work. I plan to drive up to there shop and test out fitment of there seats prior to purchase as I'm 6'4" and 260lbs.
I'd love to mention your car if I do go if you don't mind. I already pointed out your paddle setup to my brother. He was very impressed.

Ya, driven itself is located 2hrs from me.
I'm currently debating on either doing a built tmz tranny or doing a cage with driven seats and driven harnesses with my tax returns this year on top the suspension work. I plan to drive up to there shop and test out fitment of there seats prior to purchase as I'm 6'4" and 260lbs.
I'd love to mention your car if I do go if you don't mind. I already pointed out your paddle setup to my brother. He was very impressed.
let me know how the seats are as im sure i would like new uprated seats sometime as ive just got low entry metal framed omp seats! they still weigh 10kg each which is better then stock but still heavy in the seat range LOL.

you can mention my car if you so wish to. I would love to know what they say about my wheel haha. now ive got to learn how to use the paddles as im ure its going to be very different in terms of shifting and feel and such but will be interesting to say the least!

glad your brother liked them he must think we are mad to spend all this money on such a car haha

I got my steering wheel back!!! This thing is so amazing!!!
IMG_20170120_130054.jpg
IMG_20170120_130112.jpg
IMG_20170120_130126.jpg

So clean!

I like the bit of lightning mcqueen poster ya got there. Lol

Haha that actually came from my spare 2G chassis, it's the roof lining

Attachments

• IMG_20170120_140907.jpg
    IMG_20170120_140907.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 119
Well damn - driven just announced MOMO just aquire the driven brand.

http://www.motorsport.com/general/n...and-to-its-expanding-global-portfolio-867293/

So much for me heading to there place in NC I guess.

Or hey maybe your paddle system for the driven wheel could get picked up now by MOMO LOL.
He sold out! So much for wanting to keep it cost effective, momo will now ruin the cost and such, either that or it's a tactic to get momo to get sales again as I know I choose driven over momo LOL.

I messaged driven in fb but got stupid are you driven reply so I'm going to email them instead LOL.

I've not updated recently directly here but I've been working in the back ground,

Everything from here safety wise is also going to be regulation appropriate for GTA as I don't want to have to do things twice if I can help it!

I recently mocked up my roll cage but I have to re do it since I made it to the old regs which is 38mm OD tube, FIA regulations state it has to be minimum of 45mm OD! So next weekend I'm having a shop bend it all for me since my work bender won't so 45mm tube, they are going to do the bends only and I'm welding it in and making the rest from there.

Because of that I also started to take my dash out ready for it as it will be going through the dash so I put my new steering wheel on first to see how it looks in place, it's not wired up yet but it also makes room since the wheel detaches,

On top of this I've been getting parts in as I'm due to tackle the engine overhaul in April so random things like bolts and getting the correct sizes etc is part of what I love to spend hours doing to make it all perfect!

I will have alot more updates soon once things start going in.

IMG_20170304_114308.jpg
IMG_20170304_114327.jpg
IMG_20170304_114333.jpg
IMG_20170114_164013.jpg
IMG_20170114_163958.jpg

Like what i'm seeing. Keep it up!
Compared to yours it's nothing! I wish I had more space and time to take it off the road from longer periods of time but I don't,

It's got a plan and by August it should be all compete including all the aero i have planned for it

I see that black crap on your door plastic vapor barrier and it makes we cringe thinking about it being all over my hands a clothes. I hate that stuff.
Haha that's just my spare chassis, I've not got around to removing it from this one yet,

My red one will have this taken off soon when I make my door covers, but I know what you means, when we did my friends race car it was nasty stuff indeed. We used panel wipe and other solvents

Got some items made and installed today, startd the wiring and i hate wiring so much! But im gettng on with it,

I made 3 panels but only 2 installed today, not as god as some others ive seen made on here but it does the job LOL. Lower housing is full FIA kill switch, and my trans shiftbox display, the cover is over a toggle switch for the rear rainlight to be able to allow me to use it on our rosds for plain fog use, basically to stop its soecial flashing it does for time attack.

The upper panel is the time attack light switch for wet and normal modes, transmission temp and oil temp and pressure, my hazards, horn and rear wiper are the others also on this panel.

IMG_20170325_135352.jpg
IMG_20170325_135400.jpg

Wow. Looks fantastic.
Thanks, its only basic but took me a while to cut all the holes and file the corners on the squares. It does what i need it to so im happy and no more hug gaps from a missing radio

Got a little work in today, not alot but something. I found out my rear upper knuckle bushes are pretty worn so i need to hurry up and get the rear knuckle rebuilt with the new polybushes. Sucks but they are old anyway,

I started some wiring but worked out i need alot more then i had in stock as i need to sort some old wiring out aswell.

I put the rear time attack light on and it looks pretty good, my friend popped over to wash cars today, he has a canadian spec talon, he is at uni here for motorsport engineering just down the road from me,
IMG_20170326_130854.jpg
IMG_20170326_130900.jpg
IMG_20170326_134354.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back