Time attack inspired/road race build!

Posted by ec17pse, Jun 30, 2015
DSM Build Journals - Start a Journal to document your DSM build and document race events, dyno days, etc for the car.

Please Support Boostin Performance
  1. slowwhite

slowwhite Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    camden, South_Carolina
    Sick.. I use the driven wheel also. And always thought I might go auto if I could get a paddle shifter. If you don't mind how much was that setup?

Also have you shared this with the "driven" company? They are always asking customer's to post up there installs. And from there site it looks like they have been focusing on the European market a lot lately. May turn into a sponsorship.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  2. GST with PSI

GST with PSI DSM Wiseman

DSM Profiles:
    Annapolis, Maryland
    Anymore info on the wireless shifting system? What does it operate over, bluetooth?

Most of the reviews I've read on the wireless systems complained about there being too much lag for "race" use. How does this interface with the DSM TCU? Some kind of module playing middle man I assume?

That master cylinder is baller :thumb:

3. ec17pse

ec17pse Freelancer

DSM Profiles:
    London, Europe
    I was recommended to get the steering wheel and I wanted something different and never seen a driven wheel in the UK with my own eyes yet so figured why the hell not! It's a very nice wheel,

I've not send any pictures yet to them as I want it complete before I do, but I will be sure to message them with picture updates if they so wish to show the setup off,

4. ec17pse

ec17pse Freelancer

DSM Profiles:
    London, Europe
    That master cylinder I'm assuming is the duel setup I'm assuming? That's now gone back and I'm betting billet pedals instead hehe

I have the road surge shiftbox and that will be linked into the electronics for the paddle shifter system, so road surge in with the TCU then the wires from shifter module to the shiftbox, so no different then using the road surge buttons

I'm not knowing everything about how the shifters work but it's been said to not be laggy at all, it runs on its own Frequency HZ range so it's dedicated to its own children so no interference, you may have to message David the owner https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=147404165676183&tsid=0.8050282072741501&source=typeahead

He can answer your questions alot better then I can at the moment.

GST with PSI likes this.
  5. ec17pse

ec17pse Freelancer

DSM Profiles:
    London, Europe
    i realised today your actually the one who told me to get the Driven wheel because of your brother! haha i dont know why it took me so long to realise so i am sorry for that. its a great feeling wheel for sure and 1000% glad I got one now, now I just need it back so i can hold it now with all the gubbings on it

6. slowwhite

slowwhite Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    camden, South_Carolina
    Ya, driven itself is located 2hrs from me.
    I'm currently debating on either doing a built tmz tranny or doing a cage with driven seats and driven harnesses with my tax returns this year on top the suspension work. I plan to drive up to there shop and test out fitment of there seats prior to purchase as I'm 6'4" and 260lbs.
    I'd love to mention your car if I do go if you don't mind. I already pointed out your paddle setup to my brother. He was very impressed.

7. ec17pse

ec17pse Freelancer

DSM Profiles:
    London, Europe
    let me know how the seats are as im sure i would like new uprated seats sometime as ive just got low entry metal framed omp seats! they still weigh 10kg each which is better then stock but still heavy in the seat range LOL.

you can mention my car if you so wish to. I would love to know what they say about my wheel haha. now ive got to learn how to use the paddles as im ure its going to be very different in terms of shifting and feel and such but will be interesting to say the least!

glad your brother liked them he must think we are mad to spend all this money on such a car haha