The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Tial ewg with ingersol 3 port question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacolu3

Proven Member
Jan 31, 2015
Lake Grove, New_York
So I'm finally making the switch to an ewg off of the o2 housing. I'm currently using ecm link boost control and want to route the vacuum lines for the external now.
Are you guys using the side and top port on the tial to control boost?

The way I had it setup with the internal was a line from the turbo to the boost solenoid, and a line from the solenoid to the internal wastegate.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Here is a picture I just drew up on how I'm planning on running the vacuum lines.

Ive been considering one of these units. So tired of pulling over, poping the hood,jumping out .............you guys know the drill.............must look like such a clown

Either one of these or the remote cable setup to add to my Hallman pro. But I think the IR solenoid is lower cost by a few bucks, plus, if ECMTuning is promoting a product, you know its SOLID

From some of the research ive been doing it seems that if you use both the top and the bottom vacuum ports on the wastegate, it will work better with an electronic boost controller. Just curious him many people have tried it.

From some of the research ive been doing it seems that if you use both the top and the bottom vacuum ports on the wastegate, it will work better with an electronic boost controller. Just curious him many people have tried it.
Just bought the solenoid and want to go the top and bottom route so following

Ive been considering one of these units. So tired of pulling over, poping the hood,jumping out .............you guys know the drill.............must look like such a clown

Either one of these or the remote cable setup to add to my Hallman pro. But I think the IR solenoid is lower cost by a few bucks, plus, if ECMTuning is promoting a product, you know its SOLID

You're much better off going with an electronic boost controller over anything manual because you can increase duty cycle later in the RPM range to make the turbo hold boost (especially useful if you're still internally gated) I can tweak my DC to get my v1 68hta to hold 30psi to redline.. which is a huge advantage. You can also force the EBC shut before a set amount of boost so that the turbo will build boost faster, there isn't a spring slightly opening, leaking out pressure that could be used to help spool the turbo.

When I get back out to my car I'll take pictures of how I have my IR boost controller hooked up.

Yeah, chances are if you're fooling with the boost then you also will have your laptop with you. Might as well control it with the laptop.

I've been thinking about getting an adapter and putting ecmlink on my phone. It wouldn't be ideal but if something happened I could at least lock it in open loop or make changes to get home.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back