The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

tial bov spring

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95tzlgst

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 6, 2006
beaufort, South_Carolina
I am about to order a tial bov with my blow threw set up. My question is what spring should I get? I searched and found that most people run a 7 or 9psi spring, but the options are between a 6psi, 8psi, 10psi, or 11psi. Im guessing I should run the 6psi spring, but I just want to make sure.

Tial does not offer a 7psi spring with the Q BOV, only the old style 50mm. You want to run the lightest spring possible thats in your vacuum range.

-8 to -11 in/HG use 6 PSI Spring (Black)
-12 to -15 in/HG use 8 PSI Spring (White)
-16 to -19 in/HG use 10 PSI Spring (Silver)
-20 to -21 in/HG use 11 PSI Spring (Purple)

Tial does not offer a 7psi spring with the Q BOV, only the old style 50mm. You want to run the lightest spring possible thats in your vacuum range.

-8 to -11 in/HG use 6 PSI Spring (Black)
-12 to -15 in/HG use 8 PSI Spring (White)
-16 to -19 in/HG use 10 PSI Spring (Silver)
-20 to -21 in/HG use 11 PSI Spring (Purple)

What theory are you using to judge that? I only make about 015in/hg vacuum, but i have 264/272 cams , but i run the 14.7 spring in my tial and run 24-30psi of boost.; I got the biger spring because with my EBC i couldn't get to 30 psi without using a MBC and bleeding off a TON of air... You should pick a wastegate spring that's within 1 bar of your desired maximum boost IMO, but that's just me

So I shouldn't have any problems running a 10 psi spring? If my vac is between -18.-21

Based on the chart provided by Tial, and the fact that you are running a 2g MAF, yes you should be fine. In all honesty though it wouldnt hurt to try an 8psi spring since you are running a 16g. Sometimes the smaller turbos dont have the nuts to open the valve at part throttle and you will get compressor surge with a stiffer spring. At the same time you could run into idle problems with the lower psi springs since the bov is going to be vented on your car. That's why I suggest getting both springs so you can see which one works better for you. If you can get away with the 8, use it for sure over the 10.

(old thread, i know, but my question is on par with topic so i posted here)

I just got a Tial QR , and i was wondering what spring would be best for my setup? I have not installed it yet.... Im not too sure exactly what my vac is, but Im on HKS 272 cams, 16g that im flowing around 40lbs/min on and a unhacked 2g MAF... Right now i have the 10 psi spring and a 11psi spring. my vac was pretty low, around 15 ,but that was with a leak at my old bov.

Will the 10psi spring be okay or should i get a lower psi spring ?

it isnt in running form right now, i have the intercooler piping off right now to get the Tial flange welded on.... but thanx for the Link... I was seeing around -14 to -15 vac , which sound about right i guess... but for that kinda vac Tial suggest the 8 psi spring.... I'm just hoping that the 10psi spring isnt to soft for my idle...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back