The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A Throttle cable /Gas pedal Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E-CLIPS97

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 8, 2003
Eagle mountain, Utah
So,

I have replaced the throttle cable on my 96 Gs. However, the end of the cable that connects to the gas pedal is giving me some trouble. There is the ball, a rubber bushing, and the green plastic piece that sits in the gas pedal. The problem is that I cant get the ball and the rubber part to "snap" into the green piece.

Am I missing something? They are all supposed to snap in together, yes?

You have to pull the cable through past the pedal first so just the wire slides through the little slot at the top. Then push the ball and bushing into the cup. When you tighten the cable on the intake manifold it will take up the slack.

Okay, So I have it set up exactly as you described. I dont have the cable hooked to the manifold yet, but to be clear the ball sits in the cup just fine, but the cup doesn't sit in the hole on the top of the pedal...at all. Your are saying that once I tighten the cable, that the cup will sit snug in the hole on the gas pedal without having slack?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back