The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Thinking about relocating...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJBean420

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 27, 2009
Schererville, Indiana
I am thinking about relocating out to California from the Chicagoland area. I am just afraid of CARB. Can anyone direct me to some good links and give opinions/advice on what to expect with my DSM? Will I even be able to keep my DSM and plate it out there without having much hassle or will I be only stuck at the track?

It basically has a 16g street setup like most of the DSMs.

Its not that bad, there are more emission laws over there you should be fine of your close to stock

Do what i did and just keep it registered out of state for SMOG purposes. going on 7 years with out of state plates and no issues and don't have to deal with the SMOG crap. Like anything else don't drive like a dummy and u will fly under the radar just fine. Even living in Socal i have yet to be pulled over for speeding or anything for that matter either in the DSM or Evo both heavily modded with no Cats.

now hurry here and enjoy the hot summers LOL.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back