Thermostat Housing Coolant lines?

Posted by ByrdClaw, Jul 8, 2010
Newbie Forum - Beginner DSM modification questions and discussions. Common, repetitive, and general discussions will get dumped here from other tech forums. Unless you're a Probationary member you shouldn't post threads here.

1. ByrdClaw

ByrdClaw Proven Member

Sacramento, California
    I have 2 coolant lines on the back of my thermostat housing that arent hooked up after the rebuild. Im confused on where they go? Any help or a picture is great. Also, I have one from my water pipe that I believe goes to the throttle body,one that also comes from the throttle body straight to the water pipe?

I have switched to an air cooled oil filter housing,so can i just block them off?
  2. gofer

gofer Moderator

DSM Profiles:
    South Gilbert, Arizona
    You taking pictures of the coolant lines would help you and I a lot more than me just posting up pictures asking if its this, is it this, or is it this... until I'm 50 pictures into it and we figure out the first one.

You might want to download the 1g Service Manual that way problems like this can be resolved on their own... 92 to 94 1g Service Manual

Heres what I pulled out of a 1g service manual, hopefully this solves the problem.
    t-stat coolant lines.jpg

:dsm:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014
  3. euphoria

euphoria Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Wilmington, North_Carolina
    If they are fairly large hoses then one is to the throttle body and the other is to the heater core.