The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

The Wingless, Spoilerless Removing Rear Spoiler Thread [merged]

Does it look good?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smooth, I like it. I've always thought the Spyder would look better without one. I say keep it that way, until your wife witholds sex until you put it back on.........

Then I'd at least think about it :laugh: j/k

I like it alot better without the spoiler. Looks alot more clean and flows better. I vote: No Spoiler.

No spoiler no spoiler!!!! leave it off leave it off!!! looks cleaner, lower, wider without one. Mine wingless, of course:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

trunklid is off in this pic but its somewhere in the background getting nice and smooth :D

I think it looks pretty good with NO spoiler.

Kind of reminds me of the Honda S2000 :thumb:

Yeah, the more I look at it, the more I like it. Here are a couple shots from behind.

Attachments

• 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,086
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 1,084
SpYYder said:
No spoiler no spoiler!!!! leave it off leave it off!!! looks cleaner, lower, wider without one. Mine wingless, of course:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

trunklid is off in this pic but its somewhere in the background getting nice and smooth :D
:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

SpYYder said:
post some top-up photos!!! :D

It was getting a little dark.

Attachments

• 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 1,010
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 1,007
I think it looks pretty good. It gives a diffrent impression than other cars. It looks more refined and sophisticated rather than peppy and ready-to-go. I guess it just matters on what kind of impression you want to give. Kinda looks like an older luxury car.

Oh, and don't go over 160 or you'll fly all over the place ;)

ummm what's it look like? an eclipse spyder in primer with no wing? like the title says.

Looks like the yeas have it. Any one want to compare tips on how to fill all those holes in the deck and fenders?

wret said:
Looks like the yeas have it. Any one want to compare tips on how to fill all those holes in the deck and fenders?

there are a few ways to fill holes,

cheapest: go to ace hardware and buy some little rubber plug deals and be done with it.

cheap: have a body shop or yourself slap some bondo over the holes, sand and repaint.

expensive(real way): have a body shop or you weld small metal plates on the under side of the hatch/trunk/fender so that the bondo has something to support it, when doing it the way mentioned above(no welding) the bondo can and most likely will crack and fall out leaving you with 1.) holes again and 2.) cracked paint around the area the holes were to begin with. With welding the plates it gives the bondo something for reinforcment. Then you just bondo over the holes/welded plates, sand, paint, etc...

I love the way it looks with the top down, and wing-less, I'm just not liking the brown. I think you should buy a black top :thumb:

97GS-TSpyder said:
yeah um that thing a few posts up...WTF is that?

an identity crisis among many other things.

97GS-TSpyder said:
yeah um that thing a few posts up...WTF is that?
Looks like the wide body kit for the Eclipse with the Supra Tails.

Anyway, I think it looks like something is missing...I think eclipses look better with spoilers, but I'm in the minority here.

wret said:

I think I will try that on my spyder tomorrow... looks awesome. You live in a very pretty area as well (background).

Also where did you get your top cover (the thing thats over the top when its down)?

jimwross said:
Also where did you get your top cover (the thing thats over the top when its down)?

Standard original equipment.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back