The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

The Unofficial Official 2G headlight/taillight difference A/B faq

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ij you use a 97-99 bumper you need 97-99 headlights or there will be a large gap between lights and bumper cover.

BK85

Attachments

• Headlight differences.jpg
    Headlight differences.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 4,889
So my 2gb talon (98) will take any 2ga eclipse lights? just the eclipse 95-96 ones.

Wow!!!! Came across this by total chance. My friend bought 95 headlights for his eclipse but his bumper is a 98 so they didn't fit properly and were sticking out, couldn't even bolt right on. We had no idea why and now we do! Props man thanks a lot for making this!!!!!

if you had a 2ga bumper would it work on a 1ga? or are the headlights too different.
I think it would work if you had 2ga headlights and 2ga bumper but i dont know if the fenders match up?

any help with this

if you had a 2ga bumper would it work on a 1ga? or are the headlights too different.
I think it would work if you had 2ga headlights and 2ga bumper but i dont know if the fenders match up?

any help with this

They are completely different body styles.

any help with this

that would look pretty unique in my opinion. Why would you do that? just curious

well this explains the issue with the spacing on my 2g eclispe gs.. (kid b4 me obviously didnt know what he was doing) ... LOL

what do 97-99 Eclipse headlights go for now adays?

I just bought a cheap set off of eBay for $80, so I can turn my car around. I wouldn't recommend them though, I've read here, that their output is not that great. The OEM lights can be had for around $200 for a pair. Junkyards are always a great place to look though. Just my two cents. :thumb:

Use ebay and find out.
I have seen them from 80 - 200 per set depending on condition. I got mine as a trade to a idiot for my ricer halos..LOL. PERFECT condition too.

Do I need any different mounting hardware if I swap to the 99 headlamps, or can I use the existing 95 headlamp bolts and connectors and stuff? Also, if I buy OEM headlamp, is there anything missing that I should be aware of - stuff like the weather-proof access cover (in the back of the assembly)?

One of my 95 headlamps is foggy, and I'm about to buy the 2gb eclipse bumper, so I'm trying to make sure there are no surprises before buying the 2gb headlamps.

Whats the best way to sepereate the glass off the headlights to take them apart?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back