The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

The Purple Monster

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey i was wondering if you had the front tubular k member?

No, I wish I did. I'm not a fab guy so hopefully someone finishes up theirs soon!

Had my new gauges come in. Finally wired everything up and tested them. Seems like my switches, gauges, and relay/fuse box is working good.

524808_10151655657186522_793065672_n.jpg

Ha..... They are probably one of the best shops in NC so they are packed with stuff. I was told 3 week min. I'm on week 2 now. I haven't even heard pricing or what all needs done yet.

We went over the complete setup and wrote down what I wanted accomplished.

Balanced from balancer to flywheel
Check to see if it needs line honed
Deck head and block
Oring block
Surface flywheel

I think that is all I asked them to do. My setup was one of 5 complete setups they took in that day.

The best place around here typically takes all winter....so I went to another place that is at the top of most people's lists, and he raped me. Damn near tripled his quote. I would have gone to the place I normally send stuff to but he didn't have the tooling for one of the things I needed done.

Hope to see this thing up and running soon!

What do they look like and how much.

You have a roll bar, and not a full cage?

Yeah its just an 8pt mild steel. :shhh: I'm having a cage built and certified after I get it running again.

I'll PM you the info on the rims.

How is that head working out ???

What head? The one I currently use has +1mm valves and casting marks removed from exhaust and intake ports. Nothing crazy.

I had a head that MAD Mike built for me that worked pretty good but I unfortunately melted that one.

What head? The one I currently use has +1mm valves and casting marks removed from exhaust and intake ports. Nothing crazy.

I had a head that MAD Mike built for me that worked pretty good but I unfortunately melted that one.
Was asking about the Mike did for you. that sucks

Wanted to know how the engbldr valves were holding up for you. I snapped one of the intake valve lastnight on the dyno. Will be going back to BC valves for now.

Last edited:
Was asking about the Mike did for you. that sucks

Wanted to know how the engbulder valves were holding up for you. I snapped one of the intake valve lastnight on the dyno. Will be going back to BC valves for now.

Ah ok. Surprisingly I'm still on the same engbldr valves that were from the head Mike did. They are still kicking strong!

Let me know if you figure out what happened to the valve!

Machine shop finally finished with everything on Friday so I got busy.

Not too bad for 2 days of work.

405804_10151672755156522_1446424218_n.jpg

941131_10151672895991522_1489505069_n.jpg

946292_10151674111206522_1871938107_n.jpg

480191_10151674386971522_1891358755_n.jpg

603658_10151674397881522_744945464_n.jpg

936807_10151674404876522_1493229283_n.jpg

I need to put some things on order but the main thing keeping me down right now is the oil pan. I had to order a new one and it wont be here until the 9th. Also waiting on the valve cover to get back from being coated.

Should be running shortly after the oil pan shows up!

Last edited:
Wonder whats with the double post LOL ^^^. Build looks great so far bro. :thumb: I can't wait for Vassil to finish the testing on those k-members too. :pray: Did you have those pistons ceramic coated or is the lighting funny in that pic? Sorry if I missed that part of the build. Good luck with the rest of this project!

Very impressive setup. I'm curious have you ever thought about spraying the car?

Thought about it but decided not to yet. It made 800whp before with out it so I figured that was plenty of power already.

Looking forward to seeing the car out again. Maybe this year you can be racing at the Shootout instead of taking video. I'd love to see you come up to WCF with the car this year and handle some of these hondas in the so called street classes. I'm interested how these liberty gears are going to work for you. I take it your on a 300m tcase?

Looking forward to seeing the car out again. Maybe this year you can be racing at the Shootout instead of taking video. I'd love to see you come up to WCF with the car this year and handle some of these hondas in the so called street classes. I'm interested how these liberty gears are going to work for you. I take it your on a 300m tcase?

Liberty just modified the stock gears, or do make a gearset for our cars?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back