The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

the best coilover suspension for lapping and street use

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdub14

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 16, 2009
toronto, ON_Canada
Hey guys,

Which suspension is best for street and lapping? any suggestions?

Need more info to answer well but without knowing what you have my answer is "new".

New what? You could buy new eBay stuff and it wouldn't even come close to a used proven setup. If by lapping you mean track day, I would stay away from generic sub 1k coilovers. Either way we have no idea what kind of car you drive because your profile isn't filled out. The more info you can give us, the more we can help.

Agree with Zmann, FEAL coilovers are currently the best bang for the buck currently on the market for the DSM platforms.

Last edited:
Dont forget BC aswell, they also have upgradeable sphericals and upper radial mounts, i run BC and they are good quality and well within a good price range

Get in a car with any of the $1000 and under coilovers. Try to go fast around a bumpy turn. Enjoy skipping across the road.

Ive had a few different suspension setups, and driven or rode in all of them. For $1000 or under the koni inserts, and decent springs handle better than any of them.

At the mid price level the feal setup seems ok. I think the time that they put into setting them up is the difference.

Last edited:
I've had bc on the same chassis as my koni's. The koni's handle better.

One of the things I don't like about most of the coilovers is the greatly reduced travel, and almost no sag. There is no way for the spring to push the tire down when the pavement is falling away for whatever reason.

Thanks guys for your input it has been very informative just looking for the best value for performance for the street and weekend circuit lapping on our car platforms

Also I seem to have post this treat in the wrong section sorry

^This is why I'd choose Feal.

@SNAKE_15 I've heard (but not used myself) D2 and BC are good coilovers as well, but personally I'd choose Feal Suspension because of the R&D that goes into the setup for each platform.

A bunch more info here, and make sure you check out the thread on the Galant forums:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/suspension-upgrade.501151/#post-153573222
Feal use pretty much the same shock as the BC with a 46mm piston but its piston design that counts and ODI from feal may have changed them making them slightly better inside. The swift springs do help aswell and of couse the fluid used has a good effect also,

Another good shock out there is the fortune auto coikovers, they offer various piston designs and a 50mm piston but their issue is they dont support or offer front spherical and radial mounts, ive asked them to produce them but they just wont! This was my first choice originally due to the shock design but because of that upper mount problem i stopped looking into them then American companys and just chose BC because they are in the UK and easily serviceable here.

None of the Feal,Fortune or BC have shock travel issues and to be honest i would of picked feals if i could easily have them serviced and my next kit will either be Feals or Quantums which are fully custom made to order and specs

Does anyone else with feals have a camber issue up front? I bought these a while back for a 1g chassis I'm working on and the camber adjustment looks like there is not much room to add negative camber. I have yet to have the car aligned waiting on an engine build so I am unsure.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I have had no issues with my coilovers. They handle pretty good. But as for pricing I have no idea what they are the previous owner already had them installed

Meh I have Megan Coilovers, the more expensive ones (I think $869 now) and I have zero complaints. I don't skip around turns like someone mentioned even on some pretty rough roads. I feel they handle very well for street use. Mind you I'm not slammed either and I have a pretty soft setting.

Does anyone else with feals have a camber issue up front? I bought these a while back for a 1g chassis I'm working on and the camber adjustment looks like there is not much room to add negative camber. I have yet to have the car aligned waiting on an engine build so I am unsure.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That was mentioned by another member. I'd contact Feal like he did: http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/feal-441-coilovers-review.504315/

What you guys think about BC Coilovers?

Thanks bro do you mind posting a link to that threat

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back