The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

The B&M Command Flo Fuel Modifier and other AFPR FAQ's

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L2RTSiAWD

Honorary Moderator
20+ Year Contributor
Apr 8, 2002
Chandler, Arizona
Ok just the facts about this since I've seen numerous threads in recent weeks.

What is it designed for?

It is designed so that you can only raise fuel pressure but not lower it.

Why do I want to lower my fuel pressure?

A dsm with an upgraded fuel pump (255 or larger equivalent) will overrun your stock FPR(increasing pressure) causing the fuel pressure to be eratic at idle and also will not raise 1:1 on boost. A non-stable base fuel pressure reading will cause your idle to stumble and It can also cause potential emissions problems. Not rasing on a 1:1 ratio during boost will cause you headaches tuning since you will not have the same fuel pressure on every run.

Do I need an AFPR if I have a 190 pump?

Generally no, but you should still get a Fuel Pressure guage to make sure when you go WOT that the stock FPR is rising at a 1:1 ratio. If it is not you still need to get an AFPR.

How does installing a real AFPR fix these problems?

A real AFPR used with properly sized lines will allow you to set the base fuel pressure back to stock and increase the ability to return fuel. Starting at a stable base fuel pressure and being able to effectively return fuel will mean better idle, and easier tuning by allowing a consistant 1:1 rising rate of fuel pressure when boosting.

What AFPR do I want to get?

Aeromotive and SX are what most people use. Others have found success using the Weapon-R and Sard AFPR's.

There is an install thread on the weapon-R AFPR here:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179098

There is an install thread on the aeromotive AFPR here:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=186032

There is a link to build your own setup here:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10088

Many DSM vendors(slowboy,extremepsi, FIC, import evolution) now carry SS line install kits if you don't feel like building your own.

If you have a 1G and don't want to mess with anything Buschur sells a full setup but it is pricey.

What is the stock fuel pressure on a DSM?

1G=37 psi
2G=43 psi

These readings are taken with the vaccum line off of the AFPR.

Hopefully this has shown that B&M is not want you want. It may cheap but it doesn't work like you want or need it to.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back