The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Tein S-Tech Lowering Springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

infamousmarcus

15+ Year Contributor
May 18, 2004
Juneau, Alaska
i got the tein s-techs, not installed, and was wondering for whose who also have them, like em, think bout em, how are they compared to others such as the eibach lowering springs, etc..so on and on, and also if possible maybe some pics. all i've read so far, is that it will drop it 1.3".

I hope you didd'nt get them off ebay, I did. THEY ARE COUNTERFEIT. My car hardly even lowered either. And it was higher in the front than the rear..... I was PISSED... I sent that back and got a refund.....I emailed them this website and threatened to contact tein directly. needless to say, I got my money back!

http://www.tein.com/counterfeit/warning.html

PRESSURIZED said:
I hope you didd'nt get them off ebay, I did. THEY ARE COUNTERFEIT. My car hardly even lowered either. And it was higher in the front than the rear..... I was PISSED... I sent that back and got a refund.....I emailed them this website and threatened to contact tein directly. needless to say, I got my money back!

http://www.tein.com/counterfeit/warning.html

Oh wow, that is really good info :thumb: since I was planning to get mine off ebay pretty soon. Do you think the ones that say "100% authentic TEIN products" are fake too?

I got the Tein springs for my 1g awd and they dropped it about 1.5". It is a perfect drop if my exhaust wasnt close to ground (damn awd 3" exhaust!). I paired them with KYB AGX struts and having them on the hardest setting the ride is smooth and not bouncy at all.

Hope that helps!

I will try and get a pic of it tomorrow once I put my 17s on

:talon: Domenic

buddy paid a hundred bucks on ebay for a set for his evo...dropped it real nice...handles hella sick

If I take a bunch of weight off the front of my car but keep my current springs, will my car ride higher?

- Jtoby

1badtsi said:
cant even tell the car is lowered, i wasted my money, i suggest sportlines

I don't suggest sportlines for any almost any setup, the drop is extreme and 95% of people don't have shocks capable of supporting those things.

Oh yeah, my car is at stock ride height and I can clearly tell that you car has been lowered. But I agree, excellent photo. Got one with yoru headlights in and your hood painted? Why is it all black and peeling anyhow?

LOL, i dont have headlights yet

this awd is coming from being a shell, borrowing MANY parts from my old fwd
side shot

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

1badtsi said:
LOL, i dont have headlights yet

this awd is coming from being a shell, borrowing MANY parts from my old fwd
side shot

You have the counterfeit springs, because that is not lowered.

suicidal2af said:
You have the counterfeit springs, because that is not lowered.

I disagree. Stock ride height is ~ an inch lower (but this is pointless to argue without precise measurements, its impossible to be certain from a photograph).
But don't misunderstand me, I'm not debating whether the springs are genuine or not.

EDIT: hmm, you could be right that that isnt a drop at all....

looks pretty damned close now that I actually compared it to a pic.

PieEyedPiper said:
I disagree. Stock ride height is ~ an inch higher (but this is pointless to argue without precise measurements, its impossible to be certain from a photograph).
But don't misunderstand me, I'm not debating whether the springs are genuine or not.

EDIT: hmm, you could be right that that isnt a drop at all....

looks pretty damned close now that I actually compared it to a pic.

My car, before suspension, same wheels.

Attachments

• wheelsandtint.JPG
    wheelsandtint.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 1,622
1badtsi said:
what are you talking about?
If you've reduced the weight of your car, it will ride higher. My car has H&R 1" lowering springs and it's near stock ride height because I've pulled 300 pounds out of it.

oh, yeah, my car is stock weight though

i even double checked teins page on identifying the fakes, everything checks out

ill probly end up with ground control's

I installed Eibach pro-kit yesterday on tokico illuminas and the handling is amazing! Like a race car. Zero body roll on hard turns. The drop was excellent as well. Even on fresh springs it closed the gap an inch and looks 100% better than on the stock springs. I barely could get on the alignment machine! I would never go lower than this with 18" wheels. Sportlines are inferior and the looks are just for impressing riceboys. Stick with pro-kit.

1badtsi, noticed your last post that you're rolling on 16s....that's why you didn't see the results you wanted. You need to go larger diameter wheel and low profiles. In a few hours I'll go out and take a pic of my setup and show you the pro-kit with just 1". Less than your Tein but all the drop you need. 2" would have required rolling my fenders and would look silly imo. The hondas with tires up IN the wheelwell look just retarded.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back