The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Targa T-top [Merged 7-7] T tops targas conversion

What is more unique?

• Awd Spyder (black w/ black top)

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • Targa Gsx

Votes: 45 75.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would a stock car have a huge problem with flex? Any way this could be fixed withouta cage? maybe undercar re-inforcements? I plan on trying this on a spare car first, but before I do it on mine, I want to be sure my car wont sag.

Thanks,

I am doing the targa on my eclipse next week,or whenever im done planning this out. Im going to strip the whole inside pillers and roof so that its just sheet metel for a more precise cut. Cutting is not the problem, its latching the top down. So far i havent been too creative with how im going to do that. I am having a hard time planning what i am going to do. "Mitsureaper" or "Dre99sx" would you be kind enough to quickly explain how you did your setup. Thank You

i got mitsureapers car and he didnt do such a good job on it but im fixing it up... i think im putting t tops on it so it dont flex to much and it would still look alright i think and if i dont like the way it looks then ill just take the t tops back off and make it targa top

what did he do wrong. Like what should i look out for because i am doing mine very soon. Let me know what problems to look out for. thanks

New photos of updated interior:

- New Carpet
- New front/rear targa seals
- New interior trim pieces (scuff panel, seatbelt caps, red stitch shift boot and brake lever boot)
- Fixed molding pieces on sparco seats
- New cowl stabilizer bar!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Still not done...

I see tons of 2g's with the targa conversion, i was going to get started on my 1g, but was hoping i could find some pics to see what it looks like.. any direction would be cool =P

wow, eclipses should have come stock t-tops, 1g and 2g both, that black one is just SEXY. t-top owns you. :D

i wonder if there r any layin around in junk yards in germany.... man if i was stationed over seas right now that would be my quest... find one and rip the panels and doors off and ship them over... anyone over seas? hint hint

hey has any one ever seen this car or know any thing about it??

Attachments

• eclipse GSi-16V.jpg
    eclipse GSi-16V.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 1,680
Yep, there's plenty of "test" models made in Japan. There were also a couple of gullwing 1g's, and for some reason I want to say there were a few convertables.

cool thanks guys. i put it in here b/c i am always in this one b/c i drive a n/t. has any body ever put turbo cams in a 90-91 laser 2.0 nt?

someone mentioned gullwing........this is one of my fav's. not many people have ever seen this one driving

Attachments

• gull-1-1.jpg
    gull-1-1.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 1,294
Yeah, Mitsu/DSM market tested some targa'd 1G's in Europe.

Also as far as I remember, none were turbo.

There was a guy that had a gallery on here that had done a custom targa top on his 1G, but I think it leaked like a sieve.

--Scott

Yeah... the one in the ad is N/T...

I'm wondering about the model year, though - he lists it as a '94, but it looks like a 1Ga to me....

I wonder if the Euro 1G's were all 1Ga style....

all european import 1g eclipse's were with popup headlights, and turbo models were imported to only few contrys like italia and spain. No tbo were imported to germany.

teme said:
all european import 1g eclipse's were with popup headlights, and turbo models were imported to only few contrys like italia and spain. No tbo were imported to germany.
Thanks for the info. :thumb:

That makes sense to me since the headlights make the car look like mini Ferrari's of the same period... probably a good thing in the European market....

Too bad there weren't many turbo offerings.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back