The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

t4 - t3 adapter

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedGST98

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 22, 2011
las cruces, New_Mexico
Anyone ever used one of these? I have a holset WH1E t4 with the flap welded shut for external w/g but thinking about seeing if it will work with my oem t3 manifold.. In order to do so I need a adapter until later down the road.. Anyone used one.. any issues? suggestions.. Only thing I can see a issue would be that your cant use nut and bolt.. would have to use high temp loctite or something to hold bolts in the flange...

Attachments

• adaptor.jpg
    adaptor.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 122
I've used a similar type of flange adapter for my hrc 16g. It has a t3 inlet and I would use a flange adapter to mate to my dsm flange exh manifold. It had no issues at all with gaskets on both sides. And the only mod I did was smooth out the flange adapter to flow better into my tubrine. Worked just fine for me. Just get the right gasket for each side and the right length bolts and lock washers and you should be all good.

yes it is but I have a t4 manifold as the h1e is a t4... Eventualy will have to get a new t3 mani as it is with the w/g mount or once I get a t3 hotside will have to get a O2 with w/g flange...

Last edited:
yes it is but I have a t4 manifold as the h1e is a t4... Eventualy will have to get a new t3 mani as it is with the w/g mount or once I get a t3 hotside will have to get a O2 with w/g flange...
If you have a t4 manifold, why do you need an adapter plate for a t4 flanged turbo?

It's fairly difficult for me to understand your last post.

Not trying to be an a hole at all. But can you try using structured paragraphs, and sentences? It's makes it much easier to understand.

Your post reads to me like this.

"My stock manifold is a t3. I have a t4 manifold, because the h1e uses a t4 flange. I want to get a new t3 manifold and a t3 hot side for the turbo for a different waste gate setup, I'll have to get a new O2 housing."

Just to be clear, no dsm ever came stock with a t3 manifold.

Sorry.. first I thought the oem exhaust manifold was t3 guess its not... i was asking about the flange because I want to get rid of the t4 tubular manifold and go back to stock because I need more clearance for fans as I have a heat issue.[DOUBLEPOST=1414126023][/DOUBLEPOST]Was saying if I go back to the what I thought was t3.. I'd still need a o2 housing with a w/g flange as the turbo is not gated internally. . Make sense now?[DOUBLEPOST=1414126138][/DOUBLEPOST]The hotside part I was talking about the bep housing

Last edited:
Have you tried to install pusher fans? Instead of going through all the trouble changing your turbo set up, try installing a hard core pusher fan on the front side of the radiator. (of course that's if you ruled out any other cooling issue possibility)

But yea, that t3/t4 adapter won't work for you unless you have a t3 manifold ( which the stocker is not) good luck!

Iv got pushers and pullers because I live in the desert so need my ac.. I just got a 16psi rad cap.. that seems to help... next guess is wrap the mani.. heat shield and vent the hood...unless I go smaller turbo... to be honest wouldnt mind going a little smaller anyways...

Iv got pushers and pullers because I live in the desert so need my ac.. I just got a 16psi rad cap.. that seems to help... next guess is wrap the mani.. heat shield and vent the hood...unless I go smaller turbo... to be honest wouldnt mind going a little smaller anyways...
When you say you have pushers AND pullers do you have them directly in front of each other?

Also wrapping the manifold significantly lowered engine bay temps when I did it, too the point where you could touch a runner for a second if you wanted to.

Last edited:
Most people don't use slim fans that actually work, and chase down overheating issues that don't exist. The only slim fans that worked on my car, in 120* + Heat are spal fans.

2 12" pushers on the a.c. condenser and 1 12" and 1 8" puller on radiator. .. Donnie what is a spal fan?

Thanx Dsmkauai didn't even cross my mind...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back