2G T28 turbo questions

Posted by Rustic gst, Nov 12, 2017

Please Support Extreme Turbo Systems
  1. Rustic gst

Rustic gst Proven Member

Joined Sep 14, 2016
    las vegas, New Mexico
    Guys I just picked up a t28 for a good price, and was thinking about swapping out my t25. If I swap them out and just run stock boost will I see any difference in power? Also can I bolt on this turbo and run it without a tune on stock boost? Which is 12 psi correct?

PlanZero likes this.
  2. PlanZero

PlanZero Proven Member

Joined Aug 13, 2013
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Depends on your car for max boost but yes the t28 is the only true bolt in upgrade for the 2g. You may have to move some stock lines a bit but its pretty much plug and play. I would at least thoroughly clean your stock smic if you haven't already done so. You will feel more pull at stock psi and injectors, and you can even turn it up a bit just watch your afrs. Get a MBC, boost gauge and wideband if you don't already have them.

My DSM:
    1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST (sold)

Street Build

T25   automatic
    1996 Eagle Talon TSi

Street Build

16g   automatic
    1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

T25   automatic
  3. 2gmitsueclipse

2gmitsueclipse DSM Wiseman

Joined Jul 13, 2005
    Auburn Hills, Michigan
    Has a touch more lag than the t25, but you will notice that it will still pull after 5,500 rpm. You can run this turbo without problems at stock boost levels. A couple suggestions though:

• Rewire fuel pump
    • If you are on the stock intake/bypass valve, upgrade to an Evo bypass valve to hold pressure.

My DSM:
    1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Autocross Build

T25   manual
    1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

Street Build

16g   manual
    1990 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo

Autocross Build

14b   manual
    PlanZero likes this.
  4. Rustic gst

Rustic gst Proven Member

Joined Sep 14, 2016
    las vegas, New Mexico
    Yeah I already have the evo 9 bov and a boost gauge. I wanna get a wide band before I buy a boost controller and up the boost. I cleaned my side mount about a month ago.

5. Turbo2g

Turbo2g Proven Member

Joined Oct 13, 2017
    Fallbrook, California
    What vehicles do a T28 come from? And whats the benefit over the 25? Im assuming larger? First time I've heard of one

6. PlanZero

PlanZero Proven Member

Joined Aug 13, 2013
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Personally I think it feels similar to my small 16g but that may be all in my head. The Garrett T28 is the t25s big sister.

I didn't even think about your bpv/bov if you're planning on keeping the stock uicp the Evo 9/X bpv is the absolute tits. Sounds awesome to boot. I wish they made an adaptor flange.

If you want to keep the car looking stock/sleeper/legal whatever the
    T28 /Evo X bpv /Evo X fuel pump (and then Evo 560s and a safc or way to tune) is the way to go.

My DSM:
    1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST (sold)

Street Build

T25   automatic
    1996 Eagle Talon TSi

Street Build

16g   automatic
    1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

T25   automatic
  7. JusMX141

JusMX141 Moderator

Joined Dec 13, 2005
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    None. It was intended to be an upgrade to the OEM 2G TB2566 (T25) turbo direct from Garrett. It's called the TB2578, and carries the part number 705329-0002.

19gsx91 likes this.