The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

swapping hotside while still bolted up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclipto98

Proven Member
Sep 7, 2014
lodi, California
my hot side on my e3 16g is shot, the threads are messed up is it possible to change the hotside out with out dropping the entire turbo

Not really, once you take the hotside off there's nothing really holding the rest of the turbo up. Exept maybe the j-pipe and oil drain. But I wouldn't want it hanging on that only. Maybe if supported alittle more you could do it quick with no issues.

Im sure you can but by the time you undo the 02 housing and manifold bolts you already went through the hard part. Worst case you can try and if its not going smoothy just finish and remove the intake/oil lines.

I have done it to have a broken bolt removed. left the oil/water lines connected , unbolted the down pipe, wga arm, and the clamp in the center. Just make sure you support the center section somehow so its not hanging by the oil return. I didn't even remove the o2 housing.

the o2 housing is junk too i have a better flowing one ima bolt it up to the hot side before i bolt it up to the turbo thanks for the help

I left the oil/water lines connected , unbolted the down pipe, wga arm, and the clamp in the center. Just make sure you support the center section somehow so its not hanging by the oil return. I didn't even remove the o2 housing.

I've done it this way before also. I didn't necessarily support the center section, the stock oil return line seemed to hold up well and I tried not to move it that much. Most of the weight is the turbine and O2 housing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back