The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Swap 99 spyder 2.4l n/t from auto to manual

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhyAmIDoingThis

Probationary Member
Apr 29, 2017
Spokane, Washington
OK so I've never done this but I am LOL I'm looking to change my gs 4g64 n/t spyder to manual using a 98 Gs spyder 4g64 n/t donor car. I've already pulled the manual trans with 100k on it, the mounts, the ecu and plugs, the starter, and the shifter assembly.
I know I still need:
Pedal cluster
Clutch master cylinder
Shifter cables
New line from the master to the slave
Manual center console
Flywheel
Clutch disk
Pressure plate
Throw out bearing

What am I missing on this list?
Will the ecu from the manual work without flashing it? What modification to the auto harness do I need to make and what sensors do I need to change out?

I'll change the ecu to an evo later but for now I'm looking for advice on a STOCK changeover

Attachments

• IMG_20170422_134031.jpg
    IMG_20170422_134031.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 39
I know I sound like Captain Obviousness, but use the engine harness from the donor car and keep it the same, including the all of the parts that you are looking for.
I did a swap from 95 GSX into a 98 4g64 n/t auto spyder and make it AWD 5 speed Spyder. Used every single thing including A/C fan motor assemble behind the glove compartment from the 95 car.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back