The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Suspension Upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B_91tsi

Probationary Member
Feb 6, 2015
Omaha, Nebraska
I've been looking for some suspension upgrades for my 1g. The suspension that I have my eye on is the Feal441 Coilovers. Does anyone have any experience with these coilovers? My car is a daily driver but I rather spend some money on something that is good and should last a while. Thanks in advance!

The Feal Coliovers aren't terribly common yet with the DSM guys. But, I'd say they are probably one of the best coilovers currently on the market for the DSM platform at their price point.

If I were in the market to buy a set of coilovers, I'd absolutely go with Feal. They build their stuff in house here in the US, and do much of their own R&D as well. In addition, they have customer service/support based here in the US.

The Galant guys have talking about and using these for a while: http://www.galantvr4.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=1207420&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

when i get to the point of buying new suspension, im definitely going with feal. originally i was going to go with megans, but i rode in my freinds and it was worse than my mazda with chebay coils. considering feal can tailor the spring rates and give us full pillow-ball upper mounts, as well as the aforementioned notes on manufacturing and design i think theyre a great setup for the price.

So let me first say the I have custom springs and have my feals revalved. My set up is 12.5k/6.5k front and rear spring. I love mine even though I haven't had much time on them. I've had about 4 autocross events on them and about 1k street driving. Even with the higher spring rates I feel very comfortable in the car street driving. It's no Cadillac but its comparable to stock on the softest settings. I'm not lowered very much because where we race, I'd scrape but I'd buy these again in a heart beat. So happy to see you don't want to put a cheap suspension under the car.

I made this post a month ago and I'll just update my status on my suspension. I ended up ordering a set of Feal suspension a few days after this post was made. I'd guess I have 1k or a little more miles on them and the handling is very impressive. It is a little bouncy during daily driving but very tolerable. Also, I live in Nebraska and roads are not so good. I'm very impressed with these coilovers and wouldn't go with any other suspension.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back