The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Suspension swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMStally

Proven Member
Jan 3, 2017
Coon Rapids, Minnesota
What are some pros and cons of swapping my front wheel drive eclipse to all wheel drive? Was thinking about doing it this winter but I want some opinions and advice before I do it.

Self-etching primer is also very good to put on the metal before undercoating. All wheel drive is the way to go. It's not as fun when all the little front wheel drive cars are smoking tires on the street and you can't, but when you stop at the light and launch it's marvelous.

The only con i ever think of is tires. You have to buy a matching set everytime.

The only con that I can think of is the additional maintenance items. You're adding a transfer case, driveshaft, rear differential, and CV axles to the equation and all of it will need serviced if it hasn't been already.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back