The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Supercharged 4g63

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayRome

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 12, 2008
Victoria, Australia
might be a long shot, but has anyone supercharged their 4g63 N/A and have a modded base map for a VR4 Eprom'd ECU (for a supercharger)? running stock 450's and 1g maf?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That sucks man! Btw, if you got an eprom, you could get ostrich and control timing/fuel/etc at all rpm points for cheap.

okies for those who would like to know.... here goes...

went on a cruise on a warm sunny day LOL.... bout 6ish 4g's EVO's GSR's RVR and me...

well basically it was a mountain cruise, lots of twisties, i pulled back to enjoy the greenery (ironicly a week later that entire area was distroyed in the Marysville bush fires, you guys might have seen it on the news...) so anyways... 2 bikes start riding up my arse..... so i'm thinking, ya know why not have a lil fun but keep it at the limit (limit was like 70km on a ridiculously twisty road) so i punched it.... and so did they... 2nd -> 3rd, 3rd ->2nd gear keeping it at my peak power point around 5-7krpm.. this went on for about 10mins or so.... i see the bikers behind me having fun.. kept going at it.. then about 50km from home/city still in the mountains now cell phone signal, i came around a corner hot, high rpm etc.. suddenly a grinding noise.. 30sec later white smoke from the back of my car, out my bonnet vents and coming out my inside air vents...

i pulled over, popped the bonnet, and S/C oil everywhere, so i guess it over heated and shat the seals.. took me about 5 mins to realize that i had already made a back up plan if this were to ever happen... so i cut the S/C belt off, started it up, ran like ass for the first few mins cause of the oil in the inlet system... after that ran like a normal N/A then thrashed it the entire way home...

week later, car has copped a TD05HR 16G 9.8T from an EVO 8... still runs fine good on fuel and power.... but still wanting to rebuild the S/C again...

The car looks like a Sigma. Do you have any more pictures?

upon request.. this is what it looks like after the 5 stud conversion...

Nice job on the charger.

Positive displacement blowers as these Eaton M45 and M90's pack WAY to much heat, you basically heat soaked the crap out of it. Even with the most sophisticated water/air intercooler systems they will still heat soak.

The only way to really cool down a blower of this type after hard long runs or when over spinning the blower it to shoot meth AFTER the rotors. That lower intake manifold needs some meth nozzles, and you will be MUCH better off.

DON'T bother spraying the meth before the SC rotors because the air will heat right up once they go through the rotors, trust me, I have first hand experience with this on an M90.

You prob had old beat up bearing in that m45, as those eatons can pack some serious RPM's and not go through any damage. Have it rebuilt and use the meth.

You also don't want to spin the stock blower case prob above 18,000 blower RPM's because it will cause the case to warp, and will also cause premature bearing damage. Above those RPM's you will want to go with an upgraded blower case, which I dont think they make for M45's.

Call here: http://www.magnumpowers.com/

Speak to Charles. He will let you know all you need to know about that blower. And might possibly have an upgraded casing for the M45's.

I got his MPX M90 blower case with bigger inlet and oulets, stronger case, and I spun my M90 to about 23,000 RPM's with meth and broke the 4.6L(Ford)/M90 record. Previous records were spinning at 20,000 blower RPM's and saw over 200* in air charge temps. I spun 24,000 RPM's and got 110* temps with meth.

lil update...

i'm still looking for a replacement supercharger but not very many on sale in Aust... so built another turbo kit for my car..

steam pipe mani for using the EVO7 TD05 16g on galants.. they really boost early due to twin scroll...

soon to be finished... GTR throttles...

that is pretty interesting, this may hve been covered already but is the supercharger bolt on or did you have to fabit up?

all my fab work... its why i'm trying to sus out another identical one, or i'm going to have to make another manifold...

turbo spool is a fun sound, so is flutter, but the whine of a supercharger is insane!:thumb:

Both those cars just scream "I have nuts the size of baboons" while they idle. Those are by far the second most evilest, scariest, most obnoxious sounding cars I've heard.

Sickest thing I've heard was a 55 Chevy with an "old school" 327 that had 1500hp.Yea that cam lope would make your heart skip a beat.

But those...yea, my penis twitched at the sound. I want.Badly.:hellyeah:

now thats no fun.....

correct on the first part.... but its currently the only ECU that will run it.. and with good fuel economy too... really suprising though that is doesnt ping as much as it really should... around 10-15% throttle at very light load it pings but back off or step on the gass it goes away... so it should only be a little bit of tweeking here and there....

yes the timing is MAXED out on negative so cant go any further.. but when put back to normal, it freakin PULLS! but pings more too and not safe....

i was looking into a Microtech LT8 or 10, i'm just waiting for someone to sell there 2nd hand one..

i'l get the ECU ready for the Eprom and then take it from there...

speaking of the TwinCharge... that was already on the cards while i was building the S/C kit... i built a Turbo kit at the same time using a EVO7 RS Titainium Wheel Turbo but it ended up on my Cordia project...

i'm starting to sway to the 6g72 cause it will just scare the shizen out of everyone... sounds like fun to..

thanks for everyones input! :)

i dont recomend mounting the turbo like that :nono: oil will puddle and heat soak the exhaust bearing is that an evo8 16g or 18g?

that is some nice fab work :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back